Integrate lean principles into instructed Six Sigma DMAIC methodology within a hands-on, classroom environment. Prove immediate results for your organization with an applied project to your organization that you design throughout the course. Black Belt instructors will also provide ongoing coaching after the course is completed.
If you have attended the ASQ Green Belt training, been certified as an ASQ Green Belt or received your training elsewhere but have proven project work this 2 week course is for you. It will enhance your skills and make you a more valuable contributor to any organization as a Black Belt. You will expand on your current knowledge base of lean and six sigma tools to the Black Belt level and be able to apply them to a wide variety of processes across all economic sectors including manufacturing, finance, non-profit, health care, education, service and government. The material for this class was developed by a collaborative team of the leading subject matter experts specifically selected by ASQ for their expertise in the methodology, practical experience in a variety of industries and their ability to develop material that is relevant to all levels of expertise. The training is based on ASQ's internationally recognized body of knowledge for black belts. Each participant is required to have their own current version of Minitab statistical software.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 67 Hours
- ASQ RU: 6.7
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Achieve significant improvements in critical business processes.
- Apply statistical and problem solving tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Reduce process variation.
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma.
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements.
- Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology.
- Establish and define process capability.
- Identify and eliminate dominant process variation sources.
- Characterize and optimize processes by computing and applying statistical techniques.
- Design, simulate, and execute designed experiments that depict validated improvement.
- Learn how to plan and implement process control to hold project gains.
Prerequisites:See Details for extensive list of Prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions—operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering, and other staff functions seeking to bring significant business results to their organizations. Participants are traditionally well versed in technical aspects of their jobs, are team leaders, and are effective project facilitators.
Week One Agenda - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Transition
Change Management and Team Management
Voice of the Customer
Charter and Tracking
Overview of Measure Phase
Exploratory Data Analysis
Advanced Process Capability
Overview of Analyze Phase
Statistical vs Practical Significance
Central Limit Theorem and Confidence Intervals
Chi-Square and Contingency Tests
Week Two Agenda - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Transition
Overview of Improve
GB DOE Refresher Minitab
Fractional Factorial Experiments
Split Plot Designs
Design for Six Sigma
Advanced Lean Tools
Review Implementation and Pilot Improvements
Acceptance Sampling Plans
Total Productive Maintenance
Measurement System Reanalysis
Detailed Course Description
This course is targeting those who are already practicing or certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belts. It is a 2 week course taking the knowledge a Green Belt already possess to the Black Belt level. If you do not have this prerequisite please see the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (SBB) course listing or contact ASQ sales for further assistance.
The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
This Black Belt course provides a comprehensive and disciplined model for improvement. Every participant will learn how to meet his or her company’s business objectives through the recognized DMAIC process. Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. This course is conducted in four five-day sessions with four weeks between sessions.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
This course is an instructor-led, classroom-based environment, conducted five days (one week) per month spread across two months. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Laptop computers will be used extensively during the class. There is normally three-to-four weeks between sessions where the individual returns to their work environment to apply the knowledge and skills learned in class to their projects. This entire course is 10 days in length.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- Must be a practicing Six Sigma Green Belt or Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a business impact to your business of $100,000 or greater. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics primer or understanding of basic statistics. Basic college-level algebra is helpful to understand statistical concepts.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant.
- Devote at least 40 percent of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
- PC laptop computers are required and must be provided by the participant with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating system: 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or higher
- Memory – 512 MB (minimum); 1 GB or higher (recommended)
- Processor – Pentium 4 or equivalent
- Hard Disk Space – 7 GB or higher
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Adobe® Reader - Version 5.0 or higher required for course materials
- Administrator privileges to install ASQ course software at class (recommended)
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $6899 Member: $6439|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!