Get the benefits of lean and Six Sigma with this course. Encompassing the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology with integrated lean content, you will learn how to use both systems together for even better bottom-line results.
Lean Six Sigma training will bring both Green and Black belt participants together for 2 weeks ensuring consistent Green Belt level knowledge in the principles and practices of Lean and Six Sigma. Black Belt participants will return for weeks 3 and 4 for a deeper dive into the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and bring the participant to the level of Black Belt to lead project teams to achieve breakthrough business improvements for their organizations. The Lean Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that can be applied in service-based, transactional, production-based, and healthcare environments and is focused on achieving significant business results and increased customer satisfaction. Each participant is required to have their own current version of Minitab statistical software.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 135 Hours
- ASQ RU: 13.5
- Provider: ASQ
- Achieve significant improvements in critical business processes.
- Apply statistical and problem solving tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Reduce process variation.
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and Six Sigma.
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements.
- -Learn how to execute the Six Sigma methodology.
- Establish and define process capability.
- Identify and eliminate dominant process variation sources.
- Characterize and optimize processes by computing and applying statistical techniques.
- Design, simulate, and execute designed experiments that depict validated improvement.
- Learn how to plan and implement process control to hold project gains.
Prerequisites:See Details for extensive list of Prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions—operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering, and other staff functions seeking to bring significant business results to their organizations. Participants are traditionally well versed in technical aspects of their jobs, are team leaders, and are effective project facilitators.
- Overview and Foundation of Lean and Six Sigma
- Drivers and Metrics
- Theory of Constraints
- Customer Data
- Project Planning Tools
- Project Documentation
- Basic Lean Six Sigma Metrics
- Team Dynamics and Performance
- Overview of Measure
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Data Collection and Summary
- Process Capability
- Analyze Phase Overview
- Hypothesis Testing
- Graphical Analysis
- Lean Analysis Tools
- Analyze Phase Transition
- Improve Overview
- Lean Improvement Tools
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
- DoE Golf Experiment
- Implementation and Validation Solutions
- Improve Phase Transistion
- Control Phase Overview
- Standard Work
- Control Charting
- Control Plans
- Control Phase Transition
- Enterprise Leadership
- Handling Roadblocks
- Change Management and Team Management
- Performance Measures
- Financial Measures
- Team Management
- Voice of the Customer
- Charter and Tracking
- Overview of Measure Phase
- Data Types
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Advanced Process Capability
- Overview of Analyze Phase
- Logistic Regression
- Statistical vs Practical Significance
- Sample Size
- Central Limit Theorem and Confidence Intervals
- Chi-Square and Contingency Tests
- Overview of Improve
- GB DOE Refresher Minitab
- Fractional Factorial Experiments
- Split Plot Designs
- Design for Six Sigma
- Advanced Lean Tools
- Review Implementation and Pilot Improvements
- Acceptance Sampling Plans
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Visual Management
- Measurement System Reanalysis
- Control Plan
- Sustain Improvements
Week One Course Agenda
Week Two Course Agenda
Week Three Course Agenda
Week Four Course Agenda
Detailed Course Description
The Six Sigma methodology is a systematic application that is focused on achieving significant financial results and increasing customer satisfaction. When properly deployed on carefully selected business projects, this methodology can lead to a significant reduction—and in many cases, elimination—of defects, process waste, and out-of-control processes, which translate into dramatic business gains.
This Black Belt course provides a comprehensive and disciplined model for improvement. Every participant will learn how to meet his or her company’s business objectives through the recognized DMAIC process. Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. This course is conducted in four five-day sessions with four weeks between sessions.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
This course is an instructor-led, classroom-based environment, conducted five days (one week) per month spread across four months. The instruction is a blend of lecture, application, and individual and team-based exercises. Laptop computers will be used extensively during the class. There is normally three-to-four weeks between sessions where the individual returns to their work environment to apply the knowledge and skills learned in class to their projects. This entire course is 20 days in length.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- A defined, management-approved business improvement project that provides a business impact to your business of $100,000 or greater. The knowledge and skills learned in this training course will be applied to this project.
- Basic statistics primer or understanding of basic statistics. Basic college-level algebra is helpful to understand statistical concepts.
- Current version of Minitab Statistical Software is required and must be provided by the participant.
- Devote at least 40 percent of your time at your work environment to work on your project.
- PC laptop computers are required and must be provided by the participant with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating system: 32-bit and 64-bit versions Windows 7 or higher
- Memory – 512 MB (minimum); 1 GB or higher (recommended)
- Processor – Pentium 4 or equivalent
- USB port
- Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher (with all current service releases)
- Adobe® Reader - Version 5.0 or higher required for course materials
- Administrator privileges to install ASQ course software at class (recommended)
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $12649 Member: $11499|
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence