Lean is a methodology that eliminates waste and boosts efficiency. Kaizen means continuous improvement. This course merges both philosophies. Lean Kaizen helps you get rid of waste and continuously implement best practices.
Are you looking for the best way to improve your cycle time, minimize customer response time, and reduce unnecessary waste? Do you want to maximize your operational efficiencies to save money and precious resources? Then it’s time to introduce Lean Kaizen to your organization.Lean is a renowned methodology that eliminates all categories of waste to help maximize efficiencies. Kaizen means continuous improvement. Together, Lean Kaizen is a proven approach to continuously implement much-needed change and get rid of unnecessary waste. Apply the proven Lean Kaizen strategy within the scope of a larger lean enterprise journey. Learn how the role of change management is important throughout the lean transformation. Learn the steps to perform a Kaizen event through a blend of lecture, discussion, class exercises, and report-back sessions.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
ASQ virtual courses provide electronic access to course materials for 30 days and up to three hard copy prints beginning two days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0.8
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Know the definition and traditional application of Kaizen
- Understand the core concepts of lean, and how Kaizen projects help pave the way on the lean journey
- Use Kaizen to attack cost, defects, cycle time, and other waste
- Study the Kaizen methodology, its steps and tools, and application techniques of Kaizen breakthrough events
- Perform a successful Kaizen event
- Form Kaizen teams and facilitate the agenda for developing Kaizen improvement projects
- Develop plans for a lean transformation within your organization
Who Should Attend:Anyone interested in improving processes and operational efficiencies by reducing cycle time and waste.
- Introduction to Lean and Kaizen
- Introduction to Change Management and Kaizen Teams
- Brainstorming Techniques in Kaizen Events
- Lean Kaizen in the 21st Century - Problem-Solving and Improvement Tools
- How to Perform a Kaizen Event
- Batch Size Reduction Exercise
- Kaizen Class Event Exercise
- Introduce Kaizen Event Examples to Apply in the Workplace
- 5S-Workplace Organization and Standardization
- Accounting (Credits)
- Cell Design
- Quick Changeover
- Standard Work in Customer Service
- Value Stream Mapping
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Cost-Benefit Analysis for Kaizen Projects.
|Course Content / Main Topics||% of Time|
|Introduction to Lean and Kaizen||10%|
|Introduction to Change Management and Kaizen Teams||10%|
|Brainstorming Techniques in Kaizen Events||5%|
|Problem-Solving and Improvement Tools||20%|
|Introduce Examples of Kaizen Candidates||20%|
|Incremental and Breakthrough Improvements||5%|
|Implementing a Kaizen Event||20%|
|Cost-Benefit Analysis for Kaizen Projects||10%|
This course is a one-day, instructor-led virtual or traditional classroom course.
Presentation, relevant handouts, and a copy of the ASQ book Lean Kaizen: A Simplified Approach to Process Improvements by George Alukal and Anthony Manos.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session