This course enables you to successfully drive lean implementation in your organization by showing you how to lead a team to eliminate wasteful practices, streamline work, shorten lead times, and increase customer value and employee engagement to improve customer and employee satisfaction.
Leading Lean is designed to provide organizational leaders with the skills needed to successfully facilitate a lean implementation and to support a lean culture post-implementation. In this engaging, interactive, and thought-provoking learning experience, organizational leaders will learn how to broaden and deepen their existing leadership skills by learning about the differences between applying lean to an organization versus integrating lean within an organization. In addition, organizational leaders will review and analyze their own existing leadership thinking, practices, and behaviors to identify what they might need to change to optimally drive a lean transformation forward and entrench it within an organization’s culture.
- CEU Hours: 1.5
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Assess and analyze the lean transformation readiness of your organization
- Describe the organizational principles, parameters, and concepts that are key components of a sustainable and lasting lean culture
- Assess and analyze your own readiness for lean leadership
- Describe the characteristics and competencies of a successful organizational lean leader
- Apply key elements of a successful lean implementation strategy to your own environment and organizational and leadership gaps
Prerequisites:Lean 101 (L1012019ASQ), Lean Problem-Solving Tools (LPST2019ASQ), or commensurate knowledge.
Who Should Attend:Experienced organizational leaders responsible for successfully implementing and supporting (post-implementation) a lean culture within their organization
II. Assessing Organizational Readiness for Lean Transformation
III. Lean Principles, Concepts, and Parameters that Define a Lasting Lean Culture
IV. Assessing Personal Readiness for Lean Leadership
V. Characteristics and Competencies of a Successful Leader
VI. Workshop: Closing the Gaps
VII. Next Steps…
VIII. Summary and Conclusion
FormatThis is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session