This course is targeted towards the technician and what they need to be conformant to the standard.
Learn about the requirements of the standard, how it is applied in an accredited calibration or test laboratory, or organizations simply self-complying to the standard.
- CEU Hours: 1
- Length: 10 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1
- Audience: Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: WorkPlace Training
- The requirements of the standard
- How it is applied to calibration and test laboratories
- How to be in conformance
- The technician’s role in the standards conformance
- The technician’s role in the audit process
Prerequisites:ISO/IEC 17025 Compliance; Uncertainty Management
Who Should Attend:Measurement Quality and Calibration Technicians, Metrology Engineers
- Intro to documentary standards
- Quality systems and standards
- Prescriptive and non-prescriptive standards
- Accreditation, registration, and certification
- ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC Guide 58
- Accreditation bodies and ISO/IEC 17025
- Mutual agreement and mutual recognition Conformance and conformity assessment
- Requirements of the standard(s)
- Shalls, shoulds, and notes
- Normative references
- Additional requirements from accreditation bodies
- The assessment process
- Deficiencies, nonconformances, corrective action, responses
- Preassessment, reassessment, surveillance
- OJT Mentor; live reinforcement from metrology instructor, printed course notes, Competency Test, Certificate
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|CIT17025WPT||Self-Paced||English||30 Days||List: $339 Member: $299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session