Learn the fundamental concepts needed to get started with statistics. You’ll also learn why organizations frequently use statistical process control (SPC) to ensure the quality of their products and services.
This easy-to-follow course, with engaging narration and animation, guides you through fundamental concepts you need to get started with statistics. Begin by studying methods to determine the central tendency of data and understand terms such as population parameters, sample statistic, and probability. Familiarize yourself with types of studies and errors, and the concept of significance when interpreting statistics. Learn why organizations frequently use statistical process control (SPC) to ensure the quality of their products and services. Interactive knowledge checks in this course let you apply what you’ve learned, and a post-test helps you gauge your level of understanding.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 1 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.1
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand measures of central tendency
- Understand the difference between a population parameter and a sample statistic
- Distinguish between enumerative (descriptive) and inferential (analytical) studies
- Define and distinguish between statistical and practical significance
- Understand significance level, power, and type I and type II errors
- Describe statistical process control and how to use SPC to monitor and control a process
- Understand when to use various types of variable data control charts, as part of SPC
- Basic Statistical Concepts
- Methods for determining the central tendency of a data set
- Difference between population parameters and sample statistics
- Concept of probability
- Drawing Statistical Conclusions
- Types of studies
- Statistical vs. practical significance
- Types of errors
- Understanding SPC
- Types of control charts
- How to monitor processes using control charts
- Use of variable control charts
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|ISCASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $49 Member: $39|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!