A hypothesis is an assumption or assertion about a population parameter or a theory about the relationship between one variable and another, or between multiple variables. Because a hypothesis is initially unproven, use a hypothesis test during data analysis activities to determine the probability that a given hypothesis is true, determine the probability that the results of the hypothesis occurred by chance, determine if a real difference exists between two populations using relatively small samples, and quantify risks associated with the hypothesis test.
In this easy-to-follow eLearning course, equipped with engaging voice-over narration and compelling content-supporting visuals, animations, and hands-on interactions, gain a fundamental understanding of hypothesis testing, a type of test that uses statistics to determine the probability that a given hypothesis is true. Learn about common hypothesis testing concepts and terms like null hypothesis, alternative hypothesis, Type I error, Type II error, p-value, and power.
Questions? We Can Help.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 0.25 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.03
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Define and distinguish between hypothesis testing terms like null hypothesis, alternative hypothesis, Type I error, Type II error, p-value, and power
Who Should Attend:Anyone new to quality who wants to learn about hypothesis testing.
- Learning Objectives
- What is a Hypothesis Test?
- Null Hypothesis vs. Alternative Hypothesis
- Type I Errors
- Significance Level
- Confidence Level
- Type II Errors
- Statistical Power
FormatThis is a self-paced course that can be started at any time.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|HTASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $35 Member: $25|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!