Reduce your company’s risk of costly mistakes. FMEA allows you to identify potential modes of failure before launching a new product design or process or modifying existing ones.
In this 2-day, hands-on course, you will learn how to address potential failures within a new or existing product or process design to reduce risk and improve quality.
During the morning of Day 1, we will begin by discussing the fundamentals of FMEA including its definition, when to use it and when not to use it, types of FMEA, basic steps of the process, and how to assemble and facilitate an FMEA team. During the afternoon, you will work individually and in small groups to review an everyday product design scenario and analyze/document possible failure chains using ASQ’s FMEA template. During the morning of Day 2, you will again work individually and in small groups to review and analyze a process scenario, giving you hands-on experience with both DFMEA and PFMEA in one unified learning experience.
In addition, the end of each training day is dedicated to an open workshop where you can practice your new FMEA skills on any unworked/in-process DFMEA and/or PFMEA from your industry or company.
On-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: Practitioner, New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Define FMEA
- Describe FMEA purpose, importance, and benefits
- Differentiate between:
- System FMEA (SFMEA)
- Process FMEA (PFMEA)
- Design FMEA (DFMEA)
- Explain basic steps of the FMEA process
- Describe how to assemble an effective FMEA team
- Facilitate an FMEA team
- Conduct FMEA
Prerequisites:To ensure that course workshops are as valuable as they can be, each participant should bring unworked/in-process DFMEA and/or PFMEA from their industry or company to the course. In addition, to effectively participate in essential course activities, each attendee needs to be able to modify, update, and save provided Microsoft Word and Excel files (version 2007 or later) during the class.
Who Should Attend:Anyone trying to identify and reduce risk: design and/or process managers and engineers, or personnel in the fields of manufacturing, quality assurance, reliability research, development, and safety engineering
- FMEA Essentials
- Completing DFMEA
- FMEA Workshop
- Recap: Day 1
- Completing PFMEA
- FMEA Workshop
FormatThis is a two-day, instructor-led, virtual course.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|November 29, 2022 - November 30, 2022 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR1015||Douglas C. Wood CMQ/OE, CQA, CQE, CSSBB||English||Early Bird Ends November 08, 2022 List: $999.00 Member: $899.00 Regular List: $1209 Member: $1099|
Attendance to all virtual sessions is required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
(Virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!