This course will guide you in the effective use of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA). Learn the steps and actions needed to conduct an FMEA for processes within your organization. Valuable techniques are introduced as you move through the FMEA. You will also review a practical, real-life scenario that leverages FMEA to prioritize changes geared toward improving a process. Knowledge-check activities throughout the course will let you apply what you’ve learned.
This easy-to-follow course, with engaging narration and animation, guides you step by step through failure mode and effects analysis, or FMEA, which is a technique used to determine the types of failures that may occur and prioritizes each failure effect based on the risk, severity of impact, and frequency of occurrence. Learn about the specific steps and actions comprising failure mode and effects analysis, as well as the steps to take once an FMEA has been performed. Review a practical, real-life scenario that leverages FMEA to prioritize changes geared toward improving the process in question. Interactive knowledge checks in this course let you apply what you’ve learned.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 0.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.05
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the components of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- -Understand when to use FMEA
- -Describe the types of FMEA
- -Define the benefits of FMEA
- -Calculate risk priority number (RPN)
- Overview of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- FMEA: Described
- Benefits of use
- Types of FMEA
- Origin of FMEA
- FMEA: Step by Step
- Define the problem
- Assemble a project team
- Analyze failure mode and effects
- Document the failure chain
- Determine the risk criteria
- Establish the severity (S)
- Identify the frequency of occurrence (O)
- Determine the ease of detection (D)
- Calculate risk priority numbers (RPNs)
- Prioritize actions based on RPN determinations
- Working With FMEA
- Watch a team work through a real-life scenario using FMEA and a variety of quality tools to drive process improvement
- Applying FMEA
- Put your knowledge to work and apply what you have learned in a series of interactive knowledge checks
- Presenting FMEA
- Use the ASQ FMEA template to create an electronic FMEA that can be forwarded to the appropriate decision makers
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time.
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|FMEAASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $29 Member: $19|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!