Don’t put a bandage on a problem; fix the issue permanently. This course allows you to identify the cause of a problem, solve it, and prevent it from occurring in the future. It is taught online in a convenient self-paced format.
Learn a highly effective problem-solving process that can be used in both your personal and professional life. Get an introductory education for the concepts and guidelines of Sologic root cause analysis. Gain the background needed to further study root cause analysis and enhance your ability to effectively solve problems. Learn to be an effective participant in an RCA, and to analyze smaller problems; however, further study is required to gain the skills needed to facilitate a group through a detailed root cause analysis. Go through a knowledge check at the end of each module to ensure learning.
- CEU Hours: 0.2
- Length: 2 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.2
- Provider: Sologic, LLC
- Detect common pitfalls of traditional problem-solving approaches.
- Learn the five steps to this root cause analysis process.
- Understand the elements required in a complete problem statement.
- Learn two simple questions to help uncover causes
- Understand the different cause types, and how they work together to produce effects
- Learn how to use evidence to validate causes.
- Understand how to create a cause and effect chart.
- Learn the process for generating effective solutions.
- Understand types of causes that lead to the most effective solutions.
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of root cause analysis team members.
Who Should Attend:Anyone looking for an introduction to effective root cause analysis should attend this training. It is also an effective refresher for previously-trained students.
- About This Course
- The importance of problem-solving skills
- Sologic RCA methodology
- Introduction to Structured Problem Analysis
- Problem-solving paradigms
- Benefits of conducting RCA
- Sologic RCA Overview
- Problem management
- Sologic RCA
- When to perform RCA
- Gather and Manage Data
- Four Rs of incident response
- Quality evidence
- Evidence types review
- The Problem Statement
- Defining the problem
- Problem statement elements
- “Focal point” and use of focal points in cause and effect chart
- Organizational focus
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- Importance of cause and effect chart
- Cause types
- How causes work together
- Cause and effect exercises and chart
- Necessary and sufficient test
- Termination points
- Applying evidence to causes
- Use strong evidence
- What to avoid
- Solutions definition
- Types of solutions
- Solutions process
- Identifying solutions from the cause and effect chart
- Solution matrix
- Evaluate solutions against criteria
- The Final Report
- Importance of a final report
- Effective report elements
- Final Assessment
Self paced online materials provide:
- Interactive exercises for different learning styles
- Real-world scenarios that reinforce key Apollo RCA concepts
- Challenge questions that measure learner retention
- Bookmarking allows for completion over multiple sessions
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|APERCA||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $209 Member: $189|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session