Learn methods to demonstrate that processes are adequately controlled and are achieving intended results. Identify the needs of relevant interested parties with regard to evidence and documentation within the Quality Management System
While ISO 9001:2015 has reduced the requirements for documentation, it is important that users understand that documentation often remains the most practical method available to control processes and their outcomes, as well as providing evidence. In many cases, users of ISO 9001:2015 may not eliminate documentation at all. This course is designed to help ensure that users understand that documentation is often the most straight forward method to control outcomes and processes and to demonstrate conformance to auditors, customers and other interested parties.
Help your organization and other interested parties understand when to document, and how much documentation is needed as well as choose the type of documentation based on the real business needs of the organization.
Learn through practical exercises and return to your organization with a clear understanding of next steps to be taken and a communication plan for understanding and complying with the requirements.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Understanding and addressing the documentation implications embedded in the newly published standards including ISO 9001:2015.
- Using Risk-Based-Thinking as a critical tool in determining the need for documentation.
- Determining the business needs for Documentation given the reduced emphasis within ISO 9001:2015.
- Using documentation as a critical tool for linking your Quality Management System to your day to day Business Processes and the Strategic Direction of your organization.
- Using the Process Approach to build a bridge to your organizations bottom line while at the same time reducing the emphasis on documentation.
- De-emphasizing documentation without losing control or the ability to provide evidence to Auditors and other Interested Parties.
- Providing an opportunity to use your completed Quality Management System as a platform for current or future Lean Management activities
- Determining when documentation matters – creating value and getting it right.
- Choosing appropriate and value-added methods for controlling processes and results other than using documentation
Who Should Attend:This course is intended for those who will be implementing ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001 or any of the new Management System Standards that have adopted the new approach to the creation and use of Documented Information (Procedures, Records, Quality Manual or other). Those who will receive value from this course include top management, personnel expected to participate in creation and deployment of documented information, project managers, risk managers, business process owners, and regulatory compliance personnel.
- Achieving control and confidence – the Basis for all Quality Management Systems.
- The Evolution ISO 9001:2015 – A change in emphasis and the need for Documentation.
- Providing a New Emphasis rather than the Traditional Emphasis on Documentation: Providing a value added structure that supports the organizations Strategic Direction, Business Processes and Day to Day business activities.
- Providing value added tools (documentation and alternatives to documentation) for managers and Top Management.
- Documents and Records – a critical distinction.
- Providing Control and Evidence – Documentation and other methods that can be used to achieve results and provide evidence.
- The Process Approach – links to reduced documentation - a critical methodology.
- Creating Lean Documentation – what your organization needs for control and evidence.
- Strategies for implementing a reduced emphasis on documentation within your organization.
- Reduced Documentation - Risks and Rewards.
Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ASQ/ANSI/ISO 9001:2015: Quality Management
Systems - Requirements to this training. Copies will not be provided for you. The standard can be purchased here.
Student manual and handouts will be provided.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1149 Member: $1039|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session