Demonstrate the ROI of continuous improvement techniques, process improvement techniques, and audits. Improve processes by using basic quality tools to improve processes.
This interactive, 4 ½ hour course will present widely accepted definitions for quality and examine continuous improvement techniques, while encouraging learners to use some of the tools and methods discussed. Learners will identify a variety of continuous improvement tools and analyze their advantages and disadvantages, calculate the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ) for their business operations, distinguish the three types of quality audits and describe their application to process improvement and customer satisfaction, and learn the basics of process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma methodology, lean, and benchmarking. Finally, attendees will identify the seven basic quality tools, determine their most appropriate uses, and create a fishbone diagram.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 30 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 4.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.4
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
Learning Objectives:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a variety of continuous improvement tools.
- Distinguish between the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ).
- Apply selected continuous improvement tools and techniques to your daily work.
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality or with some background, process leaders, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Course Introduction
- Evolution of Quality
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Six Sigma
- Incremental and breakthrough improvement
- Quality improvement tools
FormatThe instructor-led format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course.
MaterialsStudents of this course will receive digital course content that will be used during the class.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $369 Member: $269|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!