Demonstrate the ROI of continuous improvement techniques, process improvement techniques, and audits. Improve processes by using basic quality tools to improve processes.
This interactive, 4 ½ hour course will present widely accepted definitions for quality and examine continuous improvement techniques, while encouraging learners to use some of the tools and methods discussed. Learners will identify a variety of continuous improvement tools and analyze their advantages and disadvantages, calculate the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ) for their business operations, distinguish the three types of quality audits and describe their application to process improvement and customer satisfaction, and learn the basics of process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma methodology, lean, and benchmarking. Finally, attendees will identify the seven basic quality tools, determine their most appropriate uses, and create a fishbone diagram.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 30 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 4.5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.4
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
Learning Objectives:Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a variety of continuous improvement tools.
- Distinguish between the cost of quality (CoQ) and the cost of poor quality (CoPQ).
- Apply selected continuous improvement tools and techniques to your daily work.
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality or with some background, process leaders, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Course Introduction
- Evolution of Quality
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Continuous improvement
- Process improvement
- Six Sigma
- Incremental and breakthrough improvement
- Quality improvement tools
FormatThe instructor-led format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course.
MaterialsStudents of this course will receive digital course content that will be used during the class.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $369 Member: $269|
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence