This self-paced course covers the material you will see on the CQI exam. It includes a practice test based on the CQI Body of Knowledge. The graphic summary of these questions highlights the areas you should study further before taking your exam.
Study at your own pace with the content you’ll need to prepare for the Certified Quality Inspector exam. This Web-based course is developed from ASQ’s 2012 Certified Quality Inspector Body of Knowledge (BoK). The program includes tests, progress checks, and course activities that cover the four main domains in the CQI BoK. Practice questions are available as full assessments at the end of the course. Upon completion of the assessment, you will get a graphical summary of your scores on each main topic of the BoK. This will help you identify those areas that need further study.
This self-study program includes a printable PDF download of the entire course which you can take into the CQI exam. Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
- CEU Hours: 2
- Length: 20 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Refresh knowledge of the content covered by the four main domains in the Certified Quality Inspector Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ Certified Quality Inspector exam.
Prerequisites:Prior knowledge of metrology, inspection, test, and quality assurance is recommended.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid quality inspectors or individuals looking to achieve their CQI certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge of metrology, inspection, test, and quality assurance as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQI exam.
- Technical Mathematics
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic Algebra
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Measurement Systems
- Numeric Conversions
- Practice Questions
- Common Gauges and Measurement Instruments
- Special Gauges and Applications
- Gauge Selection, Handling and Use
- Surface Plate Tools and Techniques
- Specialized Inspection Equipment
- Measurement System Analysis
- Practice Questions
- Inspection and Test
- Blueprints, Drawings, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Inspection Planning and Procedures
- Testing Methods
- Software for Test Equipment
- Practice Questions
- Quality Assurance
- Basic Statistics and Applications
- Statistical Process Control
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Audits
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Problem Solving Tools and Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Practice Questions
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time.
Course completion certificates are provided upon completion of the course with an 80 percent or better on the post test.
Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CQI exam.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SPCQI2012ASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $449 Member: $399|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session