Prepare for the ASQ Certified Quality Inspector exam as you review and practice the areas of the Body of Knowledge.
Reinforce your current understanding of the Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) Body of Knowledge. Get practice in applications that may not be used every day, and become familiar with 'exam-style' questions throughout the course.
Students receive course materials and a copy of ASQ's Certified Quality Inspector Handbook: Third Edition. Please bring a non-programmable calculator to class (Sharp EL-506TSBBW is recommended).
Note: This course is a refresher and, due to time limitations, is not intended to cover all the components of the Body of Knowledge in great depth. Taking this course does not constitute, nor imply, the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Quality Inspector examination.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the content covered by the four main domains in the ASQ CQI BoK.
- Practice the concepts contained in the ASQ.CQI BoK.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ CQI exam.
Prerequisites:This review course is intended as preparation for the ASQ CQI certification exam. Attendees should have previous learning and/or experience in the topic.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid quality inspectors or individuals looking to achieve their CQI certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge of statistics, metrology, calibration, and inspection and test, as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQI exam.
- Course Introduction
- Technical Mathematics
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic Algebra
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Measurement Systems
- Numeric Conversions
- Common Gauges and Measurement Instruments
- Special Gauges and Applications
- Gauge Selection, Handling and Use
- Surface Plate Tools and Techniques
- Specialized Inspection Equipment
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Inspection and Test
- Blueprints, Drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Model-Based Definitions
- Inspection Planning and Processes
- Testing Methods
- Software for Test Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Basic Statistics and Applications
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Audits
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Problem - solving Tools and Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Course Conclusion
This is a two-day classroom course.
The course manual and a copy of The Certified Quality Inspector Handbook, 3rd Edition are included in the course.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1199 Member: $969|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!