This course is intended for students who plan on taking the Certified Quality Engineer exam. It helps prepare you by focusing on the most difficult topics on the exam.
This is NOT an introductory course and is intended for those planning to sit for the Certified Quality Engineer exam. The course provides a very thorough overview of the reliability, acceptance sampling, and quantitative methods topics covered in the body of knowledge for the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam. It is designed to teach these topics in particular since they are the topics most commonly failed on the CQE exam. It emphasizes the practical application of the tools covered and includes exercises in class as well as optional homework exercises for participants to practice most quantitative tools.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 31 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.1
- Provider: ASQ
- Master the effective use of the tools covered in the quantitative methods, reliability, and acceptance sampling sections of the body of knowledge for the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam.
Prerequisites:A solid understanding of basic Algebra and the ability to work with Algebraic formulas is required. Experience as a quality engineer is required to qualify for the exam. All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item T1164). See details page for additional prerequisites.
Who Should Attend:Quality engineers, manufacturing/process engineers, quality managers, quality improvement professionals, consultants, or anyone preparing to take the CQE exam should attend this training.
- General Concepts
- Type I (Producer’s) and Type II (Consumer’s) Risk
- Operating Characteristics (OC) Curves
- Overview of Acceptance Sampling Plans
- Reliability and Risk Management
- Terms and Definitions
- Reliability Life Characteristic Concepts
- Design of Systems for Reliability (Series, Parallel-Series, and Series-Parallel Systems)
- Active vs. Passive Redundancy
- Availability and Maintainability
- Failure Rates and the Bathtub Curve
- Methods to Maintain Process and Product Reliability
- Calculation of MTTF and MTBF
- Quantitative Methods
- Concepts of Probability and Statistics
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Properties and Applications of Probability Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making (Confidence Intervals, Hypothesis Tests, Paired-t Tests, etc.)
- Relationships Between Variables
- Designing Experiments
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Analyzing Process Capability
Detailed Course Description
This is NOT an introductory course and is intended for those planning to sit for the Certified Quality Engineer exam. However, the topics are covered in sufficient detail so that people with little advance knowledge of the concepts will be able to master them with practice.
Each topic is presented in a practical, easy to follow manner that emphasizes the practical application of the tools covered. Participants will be given the opportunity to practice most quantitative tools during class as well as with optional homework exercises. A comprehensive manual, designed for use as an exam reference book, is provided to each attendee. The manual provides a review of the non-quantitative exam topics but covers the quantitative topics in great detail. It includes an appendix that includes all necessary statistical tables and a removable set of more than 500 sample exam questions (with an answer key) for exam study purposes.
*Taking this course does not constitute or imply the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Quality Engineer exam. Participants will need to study other CQE BOK topics and practice course concepts outside of class to adequately prepare for the exam.
This course is designed to teach the reliability, acceptance sampling, and quantitative methods topics included in the BOK, so no prior knowledge of statistics is necessary. However, a solid understanding of basic algebra and the ability to work with algebraic formulas is required. Experience as a quality engineer is required to qualify for the exam.
This is a face-to-face, instructor-led, 4½-day course.
The student manual is included with the purchase price of this course and will be delivered to the student on-site during the first day of class.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $2239 Member: $1889|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!