Understand the five main domains in the CQE Body of Knowledge. This course prepares you for the CQE exam and allows you to learn at your own pace from your computer. You’ll become familiar with questions similar to those on the exam.
This self-study program features everything you’ll need to prepare for the Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) exam. It includes a pre- and post-test as well as a printable PDF download of the entire course which you can take into the CQE exam. Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
Please Note: ASQ is currently migrating this product to a new platform. When the migration (which will not include any new content) is complete, you will automatically receive it in your learning plan. You will have both versions in your learning plan until June 30, 2017. Access to the original version will no longer be available after 6/30/2017. Progress in the old version cannot be transferred into the new version. After June 30th, the old version will be removed from your learning plan unless completed. If completed, you will still be able to print your certificate of completion but will no longer be able to launch the old version.
We recognize this may be an inconvenience for you and we will be providing you with a full year (365 days) of access to the new course from the date you receive it (not your original purchase date). This applies only to purchases made after July 1, 2016.
- CEU Hours: 6.5
- Length: 65 Hours
- ASQ RU: 6.5
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Understand the content covered by the five main domains in the CQE Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those within the ASQ CQE exam.
Prerequisites:Prior knowledge of statistics and quality engineering is recommended.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid quality engineers or individuals looking to achieve their CQE certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge of statistics and quality engineering as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQE exam.
- Management and Leadership
- Philosophies and Foundations of Quality
- Continuous Improvement Tools
- The Quality Management system (QMS)
- ASQ Code of Ethics for Professional Conduct
- Leadership Principles and Techniques
- Facilitation Principles and Techniques
- Communication Skills
- Customer Relations
- Supplier Management
- Barriers to Quality Improvement
- Management and Leadership Lesson Summary
- The Quality System
- Quality System Lesson Introduction
- Elements of the Quality System
- Documentation of the Quality System
- Quality Standards and Other Guidelines
- Quality Audits
- Cost of Quality (COQ)
- Quality Training
- The Quality System Lesson Summary
- Product and Process Design
- Lesson Overview
- Classification of Quality Characteristics
- Design Inputs and Review
- Technical Drawings and Specifications
- Design Verification
- Reliability and Maintainability
- Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Tools
- Reliability and Maintainability Indices
- Bathtub Curve
- Reliability-Safety-Hazard Assessment Tools
- Product and Process Control
- Product and Process Control Overview
- Material Control
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement and Test
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Continuous Improvement
- Continuous Improvement Lesson Overview
- Quality Control Tools
- Quality Management and Planning Tools
- Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
- Quantitative Methods and Tools
- Quantitative Methods and Tools Overview
- Collecting and Summarizing Data
- Quantitative concepts
- Probability Distributions
- Statistical Decision-Making
- Relationships Between Variables
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Process and Performance Capability
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Post Assessment
This self-paced course is designed to provide you with online tests and tools while still providing you with printable modules perfect for taking with you as a reference if you choose to sit for the ASQ CQE exam. Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
- Course completion certificates are provided upon completion of the course with an 80 percent or better on the post test.
- Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CQE exam.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|CQEASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $799 Member: $699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session