This course is based on the ASQ Quality Auditor Body of Knowledge. By teaching you to prepare, perform, report, and follow up audit results, the course prepares you to take the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) exam.
The Certified Quality Auditor Refresher training, developed and delivered by the ASQ Audit Division, is a seven-session, virtual course designed and taught to help experienced auditors become better prepared for the CQA exam. It is not for beginners. The course is based on ASQ's CQA Body of Knowledge. Students will receive a course manual and an eBook of the ASQ Auditing Handbook, Fourth Edition.
Taking this course does not constitute, nor imply, the successful passing of the Certified Quality Auditor exam.
ASQ virtual Certification Preparation courses provide electronic access to course materials for 365 days and up to three hard copy prints beginning two days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Attendees also receive an electronic copy of the ASQ Certification Handbook which can be downloaded and saved, but cannot be printed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 2.1
- Length: 21 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2.1
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the content covered by the five main domains in the CQA Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those within the ASQ CQA exam.
Prerequisites:This class is designed for experienced auditors and others seeking preparation for taking the CQA exam. It is not intended as a beginner’s basic auditing class.
Who Should Attend:Experienced auditors and anyone who is planning to sit for ASQ’s Certified Quality Auditor exam will benefit from this program. Financial auditors, auditors of safety programs, and others would also benefit from this program.
a) Types of quality audits
b) Purpose and scope of audits
c) Criteria to audit against
d) Roles and responsibilities of audit participants
e) Professional conduct and consequences for auditors
II. Audit Process
a) Audit preparation and planning
b) Audit performance
c) Audit reporting
d) Audit follow-up and closure
III. Auditor Competencies
a) Auditor Characteristics
b) On-site audit resource management
c) Conflict resolution
d) Communication and presentation techniques
e) Interviewing techniques
f) Team Dynamics
IV. Audit Program Management and Business Applications
a) Audit Program Management
b) Business and financial impact
V. Quality Tools and Techniques
a) Basic quality and problem-solving tools
b) Process improvement techniques
c) Basic statistics
d) Process variation
e) Sampling methods
f) Change control and configuration management
g) Verification and validation
h) Risk management tools
FormatAn Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
MaterialsThe course manual and a copy of The ASQ Auditing Handbook, 4th Edition, is included in the course.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $799 Member: $699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session