This course is based on the ASQ Quality Auditor Body of Knowledge. By teaching you to prepare, perform, report, and follow up audit results, the course prepares you to take the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) exam.
The Certified Quality Auditor Refresher training, developed and delivered by the ASQ Audit Division, is a three-day course designed and taught to help experienced auditors become better prepared for the CQA exam. It is not for beginners. The course is based on ASQ's CQA Body of Knowledge. Students will receive a course manual and a copy of the ASQ Auditing Handbook, Fourth Edition.
Taking this course does not constitute, nor imply, the successful passing of the Certified Quality Auditor exam.
- CEU Hours: 2.4
- Length: 24 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2.4
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the content covered by the five main domains in the CQA Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those within the ASQ CQA exam.
Prerequisites:This class is designed for experienced auditors and others seeking preparation for taking the CQA exam. It is not intended as a beginner’s basic auditing class.
Students can earn 2.4 CEUs for full course attendance.
Who Should Attend:Experienced auditors and anyone who is planning to sit for ASQ’s Certified Quality Auditor exam will benefit from this program. Financial auditors, auditors of safety programs, and others would also benefit from this program.
- Types of quality audits
- Purpose and scope of audits
- Criteria to audit against
- Roles and responsibilities of audit participants
- Professional conduct and consequences for auditors
- Audit Process
- Audit preparation and planning
- Audit performance
- Audit reporting
- Audit follow-up and closure
- Auditor Competencies
- Auditor Characteristics
- On-site audit resource management
- Conflict resolution
- Communication and presentation techniques
- Interviewing techniques
- Team Dynamics
- Audit Program Management and Business Applications
- Audit Program Management
- Business and financial impact
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Basic quality and problem-solving tools
- Process improvement techniques
- Basic statistics
- Process variation
- Sampling methods
- Change control and configuration management
- Verification and validation
- Risk management tools
This is a 3-day classroom course.
The course manual and a copy of The ASQ Auditing Handbook, 4th Edition, is included in the course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session