This self-paced course covers the material you will see on the CCT exam. It includes a practice test based on the CCT Body of Knowledge. The graphic summary of these questions highlights the areas you should study further before taking your exam.
Study the content you'll need to prepare for the ASQ Certified Calibration Technician exam. This Web-based course is developed from ASQ's 2017 CCT Body of Knowledge. The program includes content, terminology, concepts, graphics, formulas, real-world examples, and hundreds of practice test questions from subject matter experts throughout the calibration industry.
- CEU Hours: 1
- Length: 10 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: WorkPlace Training
- Understand the terminology, concepts, underlying mathematical functions, and procedures relating to the ASQ Body of Knowledge for the Certified Calibration Technician exam.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ CCT exam.
Prerequisites:Prior knowledge and/or experience as a technician is recommended.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid calibration technicians or individuals looking to achieve their CCT certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge and experience as a technician as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CCT exam.
- GENERAL METROLOGY
- Base SI units
- Derived SI units
- SI multipliers and conversions
- Fundamental constants
- Common measurements
- Traceability standards and hierarchy
- Measurement standards
- Substitution of standards
- MEASUREMENT SYSTEMS
- Measurement methods
- Measurement characteristics
- Measurement data considerations
- IM&TE specification terms and characteristics
- Error sources
- Measurement assurance program (MAP)
- CALIBRATION SYSTEMS
- Calibration procedures
- Standardization and adjustment methods
- Industry practices and regulations
- Environmental control
- Calibration processes for IM&TE
- Validation processes
- Records management
- Official reports
- MEASUREMENT UNCERTAINTY AND APPLIED MATH
- Uncertainty terminology
- Uncertainty budget components
- Uncertainty determination and reporting
- Technical and applied mathematics
- QUALITY SYSTEMS AND STANDARDS
- Quality management systems
- Quality control tools
- Quality audits
- Corrective action for nonconformances
- Professional conduct and ethics
- Occupational safety requirements
- Quality standards and guides
This Web-based, self-paced course contains content, terminology, concepts, graphics, formulas, real-world examples, and hundreds of practice test questions from subject matter experts throughout the calibration industry.
- Course completion certificates are provided upon completion of the course with an 80 percent or better on the post-test.
- Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CCT exam.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!