Quality tools enable you to accomplish change and manage improvement across your organization. This course teaches concepts like the seven basic quality tools to improve processes and increase your organization’s operational efficiency.
Quality is everyone’s responsibility. Meet organizational needs for quality knowledge and competency through ASQ’s Quality 101. Increase your expertise in the practices and principles of quality improvement, including PDCA, improvement teams, and various quality tools. Quality 101 can be used to prepare for the Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) certification exam.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- List the benefits of quality to individuals, organizations, customers, suppliers, and society.
- Describe key events in the evolution of quality.
- Identify and describe the key components of total quality management (TQM) and understand how organizations approach TQM deployment.
- Differentiate between the TQM philosophies of six quality experts and two quality approaches: Six Sigma and the Baldrige program.
- Know the role of process management in TQM and the interrelationship of processes and systems.
- Recognize how basic quality tools can be used to help improve processes.
- Define different quality concepts related to quality evolution, TQM, process management, and the basic quality tools.
Who Should Attend:Those new to quality, process leader practitioners, and those who support the practice of business excellence and would benefit from formal training on the fundamentals of quality and process improvement should attend this training.
- Quality Basics
- Terms, concepts and principles
- Quality definitions
- Quality plan
- Quality systems
- Organizational culture
- Employee involvement and empowerment
- Systems and processes
- Benefits of quality
- Foundations of quality
- Terms, concepts and principles
- Team basics
- Team organization
- Team purpose
- Types of teams
- Value of teams
- Roles and responsibilities
- Team formations and group dynamics
- Initiating teams
- Selecting team members
- Team stages
- Team conflict
- Team decision-making
- Team organization
- Process improvement
- Six sigma concepts and tools
- Lean concepts and tools
- Incremental and breakthrough improvement
- Improvement techniques
- Improvement tools
- Root cause analysis
- Risk management
- Process improvement
- Supplier Relationship
- Supplier selection
- Supplier performance
- Customer Relationship
- Customer identification
- Voice of the customer (VOC)
- Data gathering and use
- Complaint process
- Customer needs
FormatThe instructor-led, virtual format of this course provides a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
MaterialsStudents of this course will receive digital course content.
Additional certification preparation materials (Certified Quality Improvement Associate Handbook, CQIA Exam Question Bank, and more) are available at www.asq.org.
Additional NotesFor companies seeking basic quality training to satisfy ISO training requirements, the Quality 101 course is an easy way to train varied audiences. And for those with some background in quality, this course provides an effective skills refresher.
This course is a useful tool for those preparing for ASQ’s Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) exam. Content is tied to the CQIA Body of Knowledge. The program also includes an optional printer-friendly version of all the modules. These modules are excellent reference materials that can be taken into the CQIA exam.*
* Certain sections such as exercises with answers, practice questions, etc., are not allowed in the exam hall.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|June 14, 2021 - June 17, 2021 10:00 AM - 02:00 PM CST This class is filled to capacity Show Class Schedule||VIR0774||Timothy King CMQ/OE, CQA, CQI, CQIA||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
Attendance to all virtual sessions are required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Times: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Central Time Zone)
(virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
Schedule: (4 days)
6/14/2021 – 6/17/2021
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session