Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry and assess compliance with AS9100.
This course is certified by Probitas Authentication.
Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry and assess compliance with AS9100 and how it compares to ISO 9001. Conduct practical audit exercises tailored to the aerospace industry in order to apply these requirements and manage the audit process.
This course is offered in cooperation with DEKRA (formerly AQS) , a Probitas Authentication Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
This virtual, instructor-led course is delivered in convenient, 4-hour sessions spread over 2 weeks, including an exam on the final day.
ASQ virtual courses provide electronic access to course materials for 30 days beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
Note: For the exam portion of the course, each attendee is required to have a computer with a webcam (smart phone can be used if computer webcam is not functional). Paper exams available with prior notice for onsite virtual courses only.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 40 Hours
- ASQ RU: 4
- Audience: Practitioner
- Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of AS9100:2016
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of AS9100:2016
- Describe the requirements of the current revision of ISO 19011 as applicable to the audit process
- Describe the function of first-, second-, and third-party audits, the similarities and differences, and the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor, the auditee and the client of the audit client in each of these activities
- Perform all aspects of an audit of a process in accordance with ISO 19011
- Describe the aerospace auditor’s personal qualifications and conduct, including personal attributes, audit management capabilities, and interviewing technique
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the auditor and the auditee at all stages of the corrective action process
- Describe and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and of an audit team leader
- Explain the terminology of ISO 9000:2015, as employed by the ISO 9000 series standards, and AS9100:2016
- Describe how to establish an audit path or trail and when to deviate
- Determine an audit schedule based upon past audit experience and degree of importance based upon the type of business
- Describe the documentation required by AS9100:2016 and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy, and objectives
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable checklists and scoring methods
Prerequisites:All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the AS9100 Rev D standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase this standard from SAE.
Who Should Attend:Professionals involved in implementing/auditing QMS for aerospace or leading a supplier QA effort should attend this training.
- Terminology and Definitions
- Activity #1 Definitions
- Background History and Rationale of Quality Management
- Introduction to the family of documents of the contents of AS9100:2016
- Activity #2 Using the standard as the basis for an audit
- The Process Approach
- Analyzing Audit Findings
- Activity #3 Audit to AS9100:2016
- Control and Administration of AS9100 Audit Programs
- QMS Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibility of Auditors
- Activity #4 Evaluation of Procedures and Documents
- The Audit Checklist
- Activity #5 Writing Good Checklist Questions
- Activity #6 Preparation for an Audit
- Activity #7 Conducting an Audit
- Activity #8 Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Quality System
- Activity #9 Reasons to Document
- Planning and Conducting Audits
- Activity #10 Applicability of the Clauses
- Activity #11 Audit Demonstrations and Critique
- Completing the Audit Cycle
- Activity #12 Preparing for Audit #2
- Discussion - Keys to Audit Success
- Activity #13 Conducting Audit #2
- Activity #14 Summarizing Audit Findings
- Elements of an Audit Report
- Activity #15 Preparation for a Closing Meeting
- Activity #16 The Closing Meeting - and class discussion
- Review and Exam
FormatAn Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|November 01, 2021 - November 05, 2021 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM CST Show Class Schedule||VIR0846||AQS Solutions||English||List: $1575 Member: $1475|
Attendance to all virtual sessions are required to earn a certificate of completion and for the course to be listed as completed on your ASQ transcript.
Times: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Central Time Zone)
(Virtual sessions are NOT recorded)
Schedule: (5 days)
November 1-5, 2021
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!