ISO 14097:2021 Greenhouse gas management and related activities — Framework including principles and requirements for assessing and reporting investments and financing activities related to climate change
- greenhouse gas management
This document specifies a general framework, including principles, requirements and guidance for assessing, measuring, monitoring and reporting on investments and financing activities in relation to climate change and the transition into a low-carbon economy. The assessment includes the following items:
- the alignment (or lack thereof) of investment and financing decisions taken by the financier with low-carbon transition pathways, adaptation pathways, and climate goals;
- the impact of actions through the financier’s investment and lending decisions towards the achievement of climate goals in the real economy, i.e. mitigation (greenhouse gas emissions) and adaptation (resilience);
- the risks to owners of financial assets (e.g. private equities, listed stocks, bonds, loans) arising from climate change.
- set targets and determine metrics to be used for tracking progress related to the low-carbon transition pathways of investees;
- determine low-carbon transition and adaptation trajectories of investees;
- document the causality or linkage between its climate action and its outputs, outcomes and impacts.