- quality engineering
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
The ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Handbook, Fifth Edition, covers a wide range of topics in the quality engineering field and is organized to align with the 2022 ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) Body of Knowledge (BoK). This handbook is essential for candidates preparing for the ASQ CQE examination. For working engineers, it is a convenient and thorough guide to the profession.
This fifth edition includes:
- New content on cost-benefit analysis, the RACI matrix, assessing risks in auditing, critical to quality characteristics, risk analysis tools, overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), 5 Whys analysis, data automation, and database integration
- A new chapter on risk management
- Appendices and a Glossary of Terms for reference purposes
- Case studies that give readers a broader context for real-life scenarios and applications
Scott A. Laman is Site Quality Leader at Teleflex, a global provider of medical technologies. He holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering from Syracuse University. Scott is a PMI-certified PMP, is a Fellow of the American Society for Quality (ASQ), and has seven professional ASQ certifications. He is also the editor of The ASQ Certified Medical Device Auditor Handbook, Fourth Edition.