- process management
This handbook is designed as a reference for ASQ’s Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) Body of Knowledge (BoK), providing the essential information needed to prepare for the CQPA examination. The handbook is aimed at quality professionals who, in support of and under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyze and solve quality problems and are involved in quality improvement projects. It’s ideal for recent graduates and experienced professionals who want to expand their knowledge of quality tools and processes.
There are five main sections in the CQPA Body of Knowledge, further subdivided into related subsections. These sections are:
• Quality Concepts and Team Dynamics
• Quality Tools and Process Improvement Techniques
• Data Analysis
• Customer-Supplier Relations
• Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA)
This updated edition has been revised and expanded to match the 2020 BoK with enhancements to:
• tools for assessing training effectiveness
• best practices on the Six Sigma DMAIC methodology and process maps with a focus on process architecture
• examples of lean and value analysis, Theory of Constraints
• risk management, business process management and lifecycle phases
• the importance of data collection and analysis, data integrity, validity, and reliability
• examples of gage R&R and attribute agreement analysis
Sandra L. Furterer , BS, MS, MBA, PhD, is an associate professor at the University of Dayton in the Department of Engineering Management, Systems and Technology. She is an ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Certified Manager of Quality/ Organizational Excellence, Certified Quality Engineer, an ASQ fellow, and a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt. She is also a contributor to ASQ’s certification handbooks (CMQ/OE and CQIA) and a prolific speaker.