ASQ Announces 2022 Board of Directors
Milwaukee, Wis., January 21, 2021 — ASQ has named its 2022 board of directors, which will lead the organization for the coming year. The board represents the Society’s worldwide membership, supports ASQ’s growth, and is responsible for the oversight of the organization. Its responsibilities include adopting a strategic plan and budget, setting direction, providing resources, approving policies, and more.
ASQ’s 2022 Chair, Dr. A. Blanton Godfrey, has an extensive career in quality and is considered a global thought leader in the field. Godfrey was a member of the United States delegation to ISO’s Technical Committee 176 from 1980 to 1987 during the years of the creation of the ISO 9000 series of standards. From 1987 to 1990, he contributed to the creation of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and served as a judge for the first three years of the award.
- Godfrey is co-editor in chief, along with Dr. Joseph Juran, of Juran’s Quality Handbook, considered an essential resource in quality management and engineering for decades.
- In 1992, ASQ presented Godfrey the Edwards Medal for his outstanding contributions to the science and practice of quality management.
- ASQ presented him with the Distinguished Service Medal in 2010, the organization’s highest award which recognizes a distinguished career of contributions to the quality profession.
The 2022 ASQ Board of Directors are:
- A. Blanton Godfrey, Chair, North Carolina State University
- Janet Raddatz, Past Chair, Retired, Sargento Foods
- Wayne Brown, Treasurer, Brown / Keith Advisory
- Francisco Santos, Chair Elect, Metalsa
- Grace Duffy, Management & Performance Systems
- Edwin Garro, management consultant, PXS Global
- Jane Keathley, Keathley and Company, LLC
- Michael Kirchner, Retired
- Jamison Kovach, University of Houston
- Polly LeBarron, National Quality Review
- Frank Murdock, FKM Consulting, LLC
- Nancy Nouaimeh, Geographic Communities Council Chair, Abela & Co
- Tracy Owens, The Ohio State University
- Susan Peiffer, HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital
- Paulo Sampaio, University of Minho
- Pedro Saraiva, NOVA University of Lisbon
- Leigh Ann Schildmeier, Park Avenue Solutions
- Dan Sniezek, Technical Advisor, CGI
- Therese Steiner, LexisNexis
- Wanda Sturm, Technical Communities Council Chair, RGP
ASQ is the leading membership association to help quality professionals achieve their career goals and drive excellence through quality in their organizations and industries.
ASQ provides expertise, knowledge, networks, and solutions to a global membership of over 55,000 individuals spanning more than 130 countries. ASQ was founded in 1946 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., USA.