Learn About Quality
Quality Tools & Templates
Looking for more quality tools?
- Box and Whisker Plot (Excel, 64 KB) – This graphical plotting tool goes beyond the traditional Histogram by providing you with easy-to-read displays of variation data from multiple sources, for more effective decision making.
- Check Sheet (Excel, 37 KB) – Use this simple, flexible tool to collect data and analyze it with histogram and Pareto charts.
- Control Chart (Excel, 1.08 MB) – See how a control chart tracks process change over time, and create your own.
- Design of Experiments (DOE) Template (Excel, 104 KB) – This powerful tool helps you see the effect multiple input factors can have on a desired output (response), exposing important interactions that may be missed when experimenting with one factor at a time.
- FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis) Template (Excel, 31 KB) – Use this template to evaluate the potential failure of a product or process and its effects, and then identify actions that could eliminate or reduce the occurrence of the potential failure.
- Fishbone (Cause & Effect) Diagram (Excel, 39 KB) – Analyze process dispersion with this simple, visual tool. The resulting diagram illustrates the main causes and subcauses leading to an effect (symptom).
- Flowchart Template (Excel, 57 KB) – Create a graphical representation of the steps in a process to better understand it and reveal opportunities for improvement.
- Gantt Chart (Excel, 56 KB) – This tool can be used in process planning and control to display planned tasks and finished work in relation to time.
- Histogram (Data Points) (Excel, 75 KB) – Analyze the frequency distribution of up to 200 data points using this simple, but powerful, histogram generating tool.
- Pareto Chart (Excel, 54 KB) – Use this quick and very basic tool to capture and analyze problem occurrences.
- Scatter Diagram (Excel, 117 KB) – This tool shows the relationship between an input, X and the output, Y. If a relationship exists, the input is correlated to the output.
- Stratification Diagram (Excel, 78 KB) – Analyze data collected from various sources to reveal patterns or relationships often missed by other data analysis techniques. By using unique symbols for each source, you can view data sets independently or in correlation to other data sets.