Toyota Kata channels and utilizes the capabilities of all its team members better than traditional management methods, allowing nontraditional, outstanding results. Learn the framework for a sustainable problem-solving culture that incorporates targeted experimentation and personal learning utilizing two specific behavior routines or katas. Improvement Kata – repeating a routine of establishing challenging target conditions, working step-by-step through obstacles, and learning from problems encountered along the way Coaching Kata – pattern of teaching the improvement kata to employees at every level, ensuring that it permeates their thinking and actions. This hands-on workshop includes presentation of the methodology, an Improvement Kata simulation and a Coaching Kata experience.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Apply the Toyota Kata methodologies, models, and tools
- Recognize the value of the Coaching Kata methodology
- Participate in a simulation
- Gain a continuous improvement view of how the Toyota Improvement Kata and Coaching Kata can be used
Who Should Attend:All who are searching for a better way to lead, manage, and develop people to produce continuous improvements with superior results
- Toyota Kata Methodology
- Buzz Electronics Improvement Kata simulation
- Work through PDSA via the Kata process
- Coaching Kata session
- Interaction of Learner, 1st coach and 2nd coach
- Explanation, examples and planning
- Link vision with achievable challenges and short term target conditions
- Advance group overview
This is a one-day, instructor-led course.
Course attendees will receive a printed copy of the course materials.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $919 Member: $809|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session