Anyone interested in an analysis of an organization???s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats
Be part of a successful SWOT team! To reach a desired level of success, every organization must be able to use its strengths and learn from its weaknesses.
Students will use the entire analysis process, from conducting an Environmental Scan to using the powerful matrix model TOWS (Threats, Opportunities, Weaknesses, and Strengths), in order to determine ideal organizational strategies.
Participants receive an online workbook that serves as reinforcement for the future and as a comprehensive template for conducting a SWOT Analysis. You will have 365 days to access this course.
- CEU Hours: 0.3
- Length: 3 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.3
- Provider: LearnFirm
- This LearnFirm.com course is designed with interesting, applicable and fun examples for an enjoyable learning experience. The objectives for this course are to give the student a comprehensive understanding of the importance of gathering information before beginning a strategic planning process, how to conduct a SWOT analysis and how to design strategies to meet organizational challenges.
- Introduction to SWOT
- Define SWOT analysis
- Know the history of SWOT
- Explore the fundamentals of a SWOT analysis
- Evaluate how SWOT methodology can be applied to strategic planning
- Environmental Scans
- Define an Environmental Scan
- Know how to facilitate an Environmental Scan
- Learn how to analyze information from the past, present and future
- Mechanics of SWOT
- Classify internal and external factors
- Know the questions used in the four categories of SWOT
- Preparing for SWOT
- Understand the importance of knowing your competition and partners
- Analyze internal and external elements that correspond with organizational goals
- Relate several ways to collect the Voice of the Customer
- Know the steps for facilitating a SWOT analysis
- TOWS Analysis
- Define the term TOWS matrix analysis
- Know the correct combination of factors in order to create strategies
- Apply TOWS matrix methodology to hypothetical scenarios
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SA01LF||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $129 Member: $119|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session