Insure that your organization not only survives, but retains customers and market share following any disruption. The instruction applies equally to customers and suppliers and anyone wanting to better understand business continuity as it relates to the supply chain. Interactive exercises and group discussions will enforce the material covered. This “nuts & bolts” workshop begins by defining business continuity. It explores the business continuity planning lifecycle and its application to the supply chain. Supply chain continuity strategies are discussed. The importance of partnering with suppliers and other business partners is explored. Each participant will complete a basic assessment of his or her organization’s current level of business continuity capability.Participants will learn a business continuity planning process that they can immediately apply in their company.
- CEU Hours: 0.8
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
Who Should Attend:
Supply Chain Management professionals
Procurement & Purchasing professionals
Risk Managers – Business Continuity Managers & Planning Team Members
- Laying the Groundwork
- What is Business Continuity?
- Continuity and the supply chain
- New challenges
- The Planning Process
- Who owns it; who is responsible
- Planning lifecycle
- Company-wide vs. stand-alone
- Assessing Current Capabilities
- A self-assessment instrument
- Hazard Assessment & Mitigation
- Continuity risk identification
- Mitigation alternatives
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Continuity planning foundation
- Internal/external considerations
- Technology Issues
- IT’s Disaster Recovery Plan
- Business Continuity Teams
- Carrying out the plan
- Who keeps the chain unbroken?
- Supply Chain Continuity Strategies
- Balancing continuity & cost
- Essential partnering
- Plan Documents
- One size does NOT fit all
- Triggers for updates
- Supply Chain Continuity Strategies
- Weighing the alternatives
- Training, Testing, Exercises
- Making sure it works
- Maintaining contact
- Wrap Up & Close
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $429 Member: $429|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session