Learn how to effectively select, audit, and manage suppliers for maximum organizational benefit.
This curriculum is designed for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management. The curriculum is comprised of three separate, interrelated courses:
- Day 1 – 2: Introduction to Supplier Management: Introduces you to foundational supplier management concepts and principles and teaches you how to design and implement a supplier management program
- Day 3: Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance: Emphasizes the importance of auditing suppliers to ensure continuous improvement and shows you how to develop an effective supplier auditing system
- Days 4 – 5: Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management: Describes quality and engineering tools you can use to manage suppliers across all seven phases of the supplier management process; Risk Management, Selection, Part Qualification, Evaluation—Problem Identification, Development and Improvement, Performance Monitoring, Supplier Re-evaluation
To ensure a robust, engaging learning experience, all three courses leverage case studies, individual and group activities, hands-on exercises, and knowledge checks to help you transform the conceptual into the practical.
- CEU Hours: 3.7
- Length: 37 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.7
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Define a supplier management program and why it is important
- Develop and implement a supplier management strategy
- Develop requirements for supplier selection and part qualification
- Design and evaluate a supplier performance monitoring and improvement program
- Recognize relationships, determine needs, identify gaps, and make supplier development recommendations
- Describe ethical expectations for suppliers and communicate/apply them accordingly
- Develop and monitor a supplier risk management strategy
- Describe supplier quality and why it is important to audit suppliers
- Explain the steps required to prepare for a supplier audit
- Describe how to perform a supplier audit
- Review supplier audit results and take action
- Describe quality/engineering tools that can be used to manage suppliers
- Describe when to apply the tools and how to interpret them
- Work with suppliers so they can use the tools discussed to provide the quality you expect
Who Should Attend:The ISQP curriculum is an excellent tool for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
- Supplier Management Programs—An Overview
- Assessing your Readiness for Supplier Management
- Building a Supplier Management Toolkit
- Taking Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Management Base
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Management Base
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Certifying a Supplier and Ship-to-Stock
Day 3: Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance
- Supplier Management and Auditing—An Overview
- Preparing to Audit a Supplier
- Performing a Supplier Audit
- Reviewing the Results of a Supplier Audit and Taking Action
Days 4 – 5: Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management
- Supplier Management Tools—An Overview
- Risk Management Tools
- Supplier Selection Tools
- Part Qualification Tools
- Supplier Evaluation—Problem Identification
- Supplier Development and Improvement
- Supplier Performance Monitoring Tools
- Supplier Re-evaluation
FormatThis is an instructor-led 5-day course that is 37 hours long in total. Course starts at 8:00 am and finishes at 5:00 pm. One-half hour break for lunch each day and short breaks in morning and afternoon.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|February 11, 2019 - February 15, 2019||Orlando ILT0224||FL||US||Daniella (Dani) Picciotti CMQ/OE, CQE, CSQP||English||List: $2199 Member: $1999|
|September 16, 2019 - September 20, 2019||Louisville ILT0298||KY||US||TBD||English||Early Bird Ends August 12, 2019 List: $2199 Member: $1999 Regular List: $2529 Member: $2299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session