This workshop focuses on establishing quality management strategies at your organization. You will learn how to create a quality vision, and translate that vision into actionable plans. These tactics are measurable, and you can execute them at your workplace immediately.
Your organization (whether it is private, public, or not-for-profit) faces a continuous barrage of requests to improve quality. Your front-line staff is quickly thrown into quality training workshops to improve the management of quality. Management attends quality sessions to acquire the latest strategy. Everyone is exposed to Six Sigma, lean, process management, quality awards, and so on. However, the complaints continue.Are these the right strategies? Do you even know what problem you need to fix? This workshop will move you beyond quick fixes and into solutions that lead to quality management strategies. You will engage in exercises, discussions, and lectures on what quality means. You will learn to develop quality standards and create a quality vision, and then translate that vision into a series of strategies. This highly interactive session uses a lecture, discussion, and team format. It is case-driven and uses examples from many different organizations. You will learn the process for developing strategic quality plans, apply it to “real” quality issues, and develop strategies for better planning. The outcome is measurable, as you can take these strategies back to your workplace and execute them immediately.
- CEU Hours: 1.5
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand, at an overview level, all of the current quality strategies used today
- Develop a quality statement
- Identify quality standards for your organization and/or department
- Create a quality vision
- Develop quality strategies
- Develop actions to successfully implement the quality strategies
- Understand how to complete the strategic quality plan
Who Should Attend:If you are a vice president or director of quality management/continuous improvement or strategic planning, this class is for you. Consultants and professionals involved in selecting, directing, or coordinating their organization’s continuous improvement and quality efforts will also find this course valuable.
Strategic Quality Planning
- Strategic Quality Planning Process
- The Strategic Quality Plan Model
Identify The Organizational Quality Initiatives
- Total Quality Management
- Quality in Review
- The Cost of Quality
- Process Management
- Business Process Reengineering
- Quality Function Deployment
- ISO 9000:2000
- Six Sigma
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Quality
- Quality Awards
Understand the Voice Of The Customer
- The Voice of the Customer
- Customer Focus
- Collecting Customer Data
- Analyzing Customer Requirements
Identify Employee Involvement
- Gaining Employees Understanding of Customer Relationships
- Involving Employees in Identifying Departmental or Organizational Strategies
- Involving Employees in Identifying Quality Strategies
- Benchmarking Definition & Process
- Benchmarking…The Basic Steps
- Four Benchmarking Strategies
- Acquiring Best Practices
Develop The Vision
- Vision & Strategic Direction
- Creating the Strategic Quality Vision
Develop a Statement Of Quality And Standards
- Creating the Statement of Quality
- Creating the Quality Standards
Identify the Quality Strategies
- Developing the Quality Strategies
- Risk Analysis and Contingency Planning
Develop Operational Effectiveness
- Identifying the Objectives required to ensure each Quality Strategy is realized
- Developing the Detailed Action Plan
Develop Strategy Measurements
- Define and Establish Measures
- Establishing Effective Performance Measures
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
A spiral-bound student manual is supplied with this course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1099 Member: $999|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session