This course shows you how to implement social responsibility practices. It will help you integrate social responsibility principles into your business systems.
This course provides a thorough survey of the ISO 26000:2010 guidance on social responsibility standard. The course focuses on the benefits, methods, and techniques required for the implementation of social responsibility practices within the framework of the ISO 9001 quality management system. The Social Responsibility and ISO 26000:2010 course consists of a series of lessons, case studies, interactive exercises, and quizzes.
- CEU Hours: 1.7
- Length: 17 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.7
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: Centauri Business Group (CBG)
- Understand the terminology of ISO 26000:2010 and the connection between social responsibility and sustainability
- Apply principles of social responsibility in a practical context and evaluate current social responsibility practices
- Identify the benefits of applying social responsibility and the risks related to social responsibility
- Compose a social responsibility report and integrate social responsibility principles into business systems
- Understand the increasing popularity of the concepts of social responsibility and sustainability, and why some companies issue social responsibility reports, while others prefer to cover the same subjects in sustainability reports
- Understand how the ISO 9001 QMS could serve as a platform for social responsibility management and reporting
Who Should Attend:Anyone interested in social responsibility and sustainability and/or working with companies with sustainability or social responsibility objectives.
- What is Social Responsibility (SR)?
- Development of SR concepts
- Intent of ISO 26000
- SR and Sustainability
- Implementing SR Core Subjects
- Organizational Governance
- Organizational Governance based on SR principles
- Accountability, transparency and ethical behavior
- Respect for Obligations and Values
- Human Rights
- Human rights - definition and key documents
- Human rights – issues that affect business
- Labor Practices
- Labor Practices and Social Responsibility
- Labor Practices Issues
- The Environment
- The Environment and Social Responsibility
- Environmental Issues
- Fair Operating Practices
- Consumer Issues
- Community Involvement and Development
- Organizational Governance
- The Next Steps: Social Responsibility – Implementation Steps
- Identify stakeholders and their expectations
- Identify social, environmental and economic impacts
- Determine the relevant issues of social responsibility
- Develop/upgrade organizational policies and processes
- Implement policies & exercise influence
- Track performance over time
- Communicate, report, and disclosure
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SRICBG||Self-Paced||English||180 Days||List: $439 Member: $399|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session