Establish a culture of continuous improvement in your service organization. Learn and apply improvement tools and quality management system elements and strategies that have been successfully applied to a service environment.
More and more of the U.S. economy has a service focus. As a result, companies need to improve their service and production components. Quality leaders and their staff need knowledge and skills that focus on improving service-oriented processes and creating a culture of continuous improvement. This program covers quality management system elements, improvement tools, and process improvement strategies that successful companies use, with a particular emphasis on how to apply them in a service environment.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Explain the culture that promotes excellence in the service sector.
- Compare the attributes of your organizations to high
- performing service benchmark organizations in the key areas of quality management.
- Learn specific quality practices for service, such as CQI tools, process measures, process improvement and control, human resource development, transactional quality assurance, and other relevant service quality practices.
- Enhance how a quality management system can work in a service organization.
- Promote practices for continuous quality improvement (CQI) in service areas.
Who Should Attend:This course has been developed to meet the needs of quality leaders and specialists in the service sector. This includes quality consultants, managers, and other leaders responsible for driving excellence through quality practices.
Introductions & Orientation:
- ASQ and course overview
- Class introductions
- Get to know exercise: Quality Opportunities in Service
Theme: Quality practices and trends in service, lessons learned along the way and areas of most significant opportunity
- Quality timeline and trends with examples
- Quality aspect areas: Culture, systems, methods, key measures, continuous improvement initiatives, people and teams
- Service quality distinctions: What’s unique in service quality
- Examples of high-performing service organizations: Quality aspects
Group Activity: Identify the key elements of a systematic approach to quality in service (participant examples supplement the exercise)
Theme: Foundation knowledge on improving and controlling quality in the service sector
- Quality system elements for service organizations
- Compare different approaches, such as Lean, Baldrige, Six-Sigma and other emerging improvement methodologies
- Identify elements of value to participant’s organization
- Session 2 preview and individual application assignments
Group Activities: Assess the participant’s quality system for “adequacy” and review sample quality initiatives. Identify areas of application (either case-study based or from the participant’s organization).
Theme: Business process management and CQI management
- CQI/PDCA tools and methods for service processes
- Process control and capability
Group Activities: Case study, use of CQI/PDCA tools for service
Theme: Implementing a CQI culture
- Roadmap for developing a culture of CQI
- Roles of senior management, managers, supervisors and staff
Class Activity: Action planning by the participants
- Participant action list review
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session