Review and calculate specific examples for measurement uncertainty. Learn a practical approach to measurement uncertainty applications and understand the steps required, accepted practices, and the two practical types of uncertainties needed by competent accredited laboratories. Examples are relevant to testing laboratories.
Learn a practical approach to measurement uncertainty applications. Focus on measurement uncertainty for testing laboratories and understand the steps required, accepted practices, and the types of uncertainties that need to be considered by accredited laboratories.
- CEU Hours: 1.9
- Length: 19 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.9
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Review uncertainty and budgets.
- Examine international practices and practical statistics.
- Review and calculate specific examples for measurement uncertainty.
Prerequisites:See Details for items you should bring to class with you.
Who Should Attend:Laboratory management or technical staff responsible for uncertainties, and consultants for testing organizations.
- Day 1 Agenda
- Hand out Course Material
- Welcome, Introductions, Goal Setting
- Definitions, Key Documents, Acronyms
- Comments on Marketplace Uncertainty Software
- Expressing Measurements and Uncertainties
- Standard Notation/Scientific Notation/SI Units Plus Usage and Prefixes
- Significant Digits/Rounding Numbers/Exercises
- How NIST and the GUM Want Terms to be Used
- NIST 811 Guidance/Standard Deviations/Mean, Median, and Mode/Exercises
- Regression Analysis/Type A and Type B Factors
- What ISO/IEC 17025 Assessors Verify for Uncertainty Budgets
- Accreditation Scopes
- BMC/CMCs vs. MUs vs. Z-540 Uncertainties
- Categories of Calibration and Testing
- Uncertainty Budget Basics
- Day 2 Agenda
- Testing Uncertainty Guidance Documents/Categories
- Testing Laboratory Categories
- Review of CITAC Guide for Testing Uncertainties
- Chemical Testing MU Example and Exercises
- Mechanical Testing MU Example and Exercises
- More Analytical Testing MU Examples
- Day 3 Agenda
- Potential Uncertainty Factors in a Variety of Testing Scenarios
- Uncertainty Budget Math Examples and Exercises
- Exercise to Create an Uncertainty SOP
- Attendee Uncertainty Questions and Examples Reviewed
- Final Wrap-Up
This is a two-and-a-half-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
Please bring a handheld calculator. Attendees are encouraged to bring tests from their laboratories so that the classes may assist in developing real-life uncertainty budgets.
Requests for course cancellations or transfers received less than 30 calendar days prior to course start date can transfer fees paid to another course offering or transfer the registration to another attendee.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please call Caroline Trenner at 414-501-5466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1100 Member: $975|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session