Metrology is the underlying mathematics for manufacturing risk assessment.
The focus of making quality measurements is to reduce uncertainty where possible, and to increase confidence in the measurements. It doesn't matter where the measurements are made: knowing about measurement uncertainty is important in expressing measurement results in design, manufacturing, or quality in the aerospace, medical device, automotive industry or a calibration laboratory.
- CEU Hours: 1
- Length: 10 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1
- Audience: Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: WorkPlace Training
- Demonstrate understanding in uncertainty budgets
- How uncertainty is expressed
- Measurement assurance
- Demonstrate understanding in Risk analysis
- Demonstrate understanding in SPC
- Demonstrate understanding in Gage R&R
Prerequisites:ISO 17025 Compliance Uncertainty Management
Who Should Attend:Measurement and Quality technicians and Eengineers
- Components -- Sources of Uncertainty
- Essentials of Expressing Measurement Uncertainty --Definitions, Evaluating, Distributions; Uniform, Triangular, Nominal, Combining, Expanded, Examples, Specification; Coverage Factors, Confidence Limits Correlation, Reporting Uncertainty; Manufacturer, User, Capabilities Statement, Traceability
- Risk Analysis Introduction -- Quantification, Consumer vs Producer, Approximation Methods, Measurement; Average Quality Level, Distribution, Bias, TUR,
- Guardband Limits, Interval Width, Delta Specification Limit, EOP% Intolerance
- Related Statistical Tools; -- PMAP, Process Capability, Gage R & R, ANOVA, Models for Measurement Uncertainty Analysis, Sample Plans, Structure of Random Samples, Reverse Standards
- Standards -- Background and list of member organizations NIST-1297, ISO-GUM, NASA
- Software -- Features and Benefits; Commercially available summary
- Summary -- Developing a Company Specific Uncertainty Guide to Measurement Uncertainty
- OJT Mentor; live reinforcement from metrology instructor, printed course notes, Competency Test, Certificate
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|MUWPT||Self-Paced||English||30 Days||List: $339 Member: $299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session