Learn measurement system analysis fundamentals. This class features examples of linearity, bias, and stability studies. You’ll use tools to record and determine repeatability and reproducibility for attribute and variables data.
Beginners in quality, auditors, and managers will learn about measurement uncertainty and sources of error in this class, which is ideal for those who need to know and practice MSA fundamentals. The course starts with describing measurement error, and methodically guides you to conduct or evaluate your own bias, linearity, and stability studies. To complete the class, you'll demonstrate how to determine gage R&R (repeatability and reproducibility) for attribute and variables data. You'll also be able to gauge the extent and the source of variation.
The class includes examples of linearity, bias, and stability studies, and tools such as an Excel spreadsheet to record and determine gage R&R for attribute and variables data. Prior to enrolling, you should have a basic knowledge of descriptive statistics (calculate measures of central tendencies), variation and control charts, and access to a calculator. You will have 180 days to assess this course.
- CEU Hours: 0.5
- Length: 5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.5
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: Quality WBT
- Explain measurement concepts and fundamental analysis.
- Analyze variation error in measurement results.
- Perform bias, linearity, and stability studies.
- Perform gage R&R studies.
- Apply techniques to attribute and variables data.
- Help set up or audit an MSA program (laboratory/quality control department).
- Improve decision making regarding test or inspection equipment.
- Address laboratory and quality system standard requirements.
Prerequisites:None for this course
Who Should Attend:Auditors, managers, supervisors, audit program managers, quality/environmental managers, technicians.
- Introduction to Measurement
- Identify Measurement Error Concepts
- Express Error as an Average and a Range
- Define Accuracy and Precision
- Explain Favorable Characteristics of Measurement Systems
- Understanding Bias, Linearity, and Stability Studies
- Introduction to Concepts of Statistical Error
- Sample Bias Study
- Understanding Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility
- Conduct a Variable Gauge R&R Study
- Interpret Results
- Measure Costs
- Conduct an Attribute Gauge R&R Study
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 180 days to complete the course. Course content is five hours long and is worth .50 CEU hours or .50 ASQ RUs.
- Desk Reference
- GRR Spreadsheet for Attribute and Variables Data
- Online Study Tips
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|MSAJPR||Self-Paced||English||180 Days||List: $149 Member: $129|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session