Any student interested in Black Belt training or the ASQ Black Belt certification exam.
This course provides comprehensive training in the complete ASQ Black Belt Body of Knowledge. The Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control methodology is presented with numerous case studies and examples. This version of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course is a 'healthcare' version, which focuses the DMAIC approach to process improvement on service-oriented processes typically found in healthcare industries, including facility operations, insurance, medical device manufacturing and financial administration. The healthcare version of the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course retains selected manufacturing-oriented exercises and quiz questions for coverage of those Six Sigma Black Belt topics that do not lend themselves to specific healthcare service applications, e.g., gage repeatability and reproducibility assessments. Selected Lean Manufacturing and System Dynamics concepts are integrated with Six Sigma in this course, including value stream mapping, Takt time, line balancing, standardized work, continuous flow, Little's Law, Kaizen, quick changeovers, and pull scheduling. This course is designed to support Minitab data analysis software (must be purchased separately), and also includes downloadable Excel templates. Minitab support includes interactive simulations of typical Minitab calculations. Because it's designed with a heavy practice orientation, as much as half of your time is spent working through practice exercises and online assessments. *This course requires the use of Minitab Software. Minitab is NOT provided by MoreSteam.com and must be purchased separately by the participant. This course is a multimedia, interactive learning experience with audio lectures, slide shows, virtual classroom discussion, online notebook, toolbox, quizzes, glossary, and help feature. Media components are designed to consume minimal bandwidth and are not blocked by most firewalls. You will have 365 days to assess this course.
- CEU Hours: 14
- Length: 140 Hours
- ASQ RU: 14
- Provider: Moresteam
- Develop a comprehensive set of skills to function effectively as a Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Learn techniques for both quantitative and non-quantitative analysis.
- Build team leadership skills necessary to get projects across the goal line.
- Implement lean techniques for waste reduction and process acceleration.
- Lead teams in applying the Six Sigma D-M-A-I-C methodology to attack waste.
- Prioritize improvement activities for greatest organizational impact.
- Define improvement projects to satisfy the customer.
- Measure inputs and outputs to provide meaningful data.
- Analyze data to identify the root cause of variability, including the use of designed experiments.
- Improve the process to reduce variability.
- Control the process to prevent backsliding and consolidate the gains.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|LSSBBMHC01MS||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $3100 Member: $2790|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session