The Lean Leadership Skills workshop builds skills in eight competencies of outstanding leaders in lean organizations. This practical training program provides tools and skills for team leaders, supervisors, value stream managers, and facilitators to implement and sustain a lean culture. The workshop utilizes the Lean Leadership Inventory to assess the eight lean leadership competencies that participants will acquire in the course. Skills are developed through practice and application.
The Lean Leadership workshop builds skills in eight competencies of outstanding leaders in Lean organizations.
This practical training program provides tools and skills for team leaders, supervisors, value stream managers, and facilitators to implement and sustain a Lean culture. The workshop utilizes the Lean Leadership Inventory to assess the eight Lean leadership competencies that participants will acquire in the course. Participants develop skills through practice and application.
- The eight competencies are:
- Setting Direction - having a shared vision of a Lean operating system with guiding principles, specific goals and a plan for implementing the Lean system.
- Standardizing and Improving Work Processes - assures that the work flow and leadership roles are standardized to support Lean information and material flows.
- Instilling Accountability - establishes Lean measures and creates process ownership by continuously holding oneself and others accountable for the process and results.
- Kata Coaching - engages employees in a five-step continuous improvement thinking process to streamline workflows.
- Empowering Individuals and Teams - delegates responsibilities along with the authority necessary for success
- Building Alliances - reaches out and develops mutual expectations and cooperation with peers, customers and suppliers.
- Managing Change - promotes innovation and enlists others in generating, initiating and sustaining change.
- Modeling Lean Thinking and Behavior - champion Lean operations by using Lean thinking, language, tools in day-to-day interactions.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Executive; Practitioner; Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand detailed models of the standard work for team leaders, supervisors, and value-stream managers in Lean enterprise.
- Acquire skills and tools in eight competencies of Lean leaders
- Apply skills and tools to participants’ work setting
- Develop a plan to lead enhancements to Lean implementation
Prerequisites:Leadership experience helpful
Who Should Attend:Team leaders, supervisors, value stream managers, trainers, and lean facilitators should attend this session
- Overview of Lean "Flow Kaizen" tools
- Discussion of Where Companies Start
- ToolBox Discussion of Individual Needs
- Demonstration of Kaizen
- Introduction of the Eight Lean Leadership Practices
- Self-survey of Eight Practices and Discussion
- Review of Standard Work for Operators AND Managers
- Empowerment in Lean Coaching
- ToolBox Discussion #2
- Change Management for Lean Implementation
- Instilling Accountability
- ToolBox Discussion #3
- Building Alliances
- Leader Role Modeling
- Personal Plan to Becoming a Better Lean Leader Back Home
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1299 Member: $1099|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session