Want to reduce waste and streamline operations? This course provides you with tools to survive the demand for higher quality, faster production time, and lower prices. You’ll learn how to apply lean to the unique challenges of service industries.
Lean thinking is a philosophy and a powerful set of tools designed to eliminate waste from processes. It focuses on what adds value in processes from a customer's perspective. While its roots are in manufacturing, this workshop covers how to apply it to services and administrative functions. Lean thinking provides fast and dramatic results. If you are looking for a foundation for TQM or an approach that builds on TQM and past improvement techniques, lean thinking can introduce fresh and innovative ways to improve processes.
- CEU Hours: 1.2
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.2
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the basics of lean philosophy, methodology, and tools.
- Understand how to develop an improvement culture, not just improvement events or programs.
- Build a high-level plan to apply the tools to your processes.
Who Should Attend:Anyone looking to understand lean methodology, deploy lean in their organization, or use the lean tools to improve processes.
- Overview: Process Improvement Evolution
- Past improvement thinking
- Origin of Lean Thinking
- What is Lean Thinking?
- Identifying waste in service processes
- Definitions of service waste
- Looking for waste in processes
- Value-added versus non-value added activities in work
- Benefits of a Lean Thinking approach
- Lean Thinking cycle
- Lean activity
- Process Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kinds of Value Stream Maps
- Lean measurements
- Value Stream Map example
- Value Stream Analysis
- 5 S
- Just in Time
- Built in Quality
- Future State Mapping
- Other tools of Lean
- Improvement Events
- Implementing Lean in your organization
Attendees will receive a PDF copy of the course content upon logging into the live session. After the course, attendees will receive an electronic copy of the book: “Lean for Service Organizations and Offices: A Holistic Approach for Achieving Operational Excellence & Improvements” by Debashis Sarkar.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1099 Member: $999|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session