Want to reduce waste and streamline operations? This course provides you with tools to survive the demand for higher quality, faster production time, and lower prices. You’ll learn how to apply lean to the unique challenges of service industries.
Lean thinking is a philosophy and a powerful set of tools designed to eliminate waste from processes. It focuses on what adds value in processes from a customer's perspective. While its roots are in manufacturing, this workshop covers how to apply it to services and administrative functions. Lean thinking provides fast and dramatic results. If you are looking for a foundation for TQM or an approach that builds on TQM and past improvement techniques, lean thinking can introduce fresh and innovative ways to improve processes.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.2
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the basics of lean philosophy, methodology, and tools.
- Understand how to develop an improvement culture, not just improvement events or programs.
- Build a high-level plan to apply the tools to your processes.
Who Should Attend:Anyone looking to understand lean methodology, deploy lean in their organization, or use the lean tools to improve processes.
- Overview: Process Improvement Evolution
- Past improvement thinking
- Origin of Lean Thinking
- What is Lean Thinking?
- Identifying waste in service processes
- Definitions of service waste
- Looking for waste in processes
- Value-added versus non-value added activities in work
- Benefits of a Lean Thinking approach
- Lean Thinking cycle
- Lean activity
- Process Mapping
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kinds of Value Stream Maps
- Lean measurements
- Value Stream Map example
- Value Stream Analysis
- 5 S
- Just in Time
- Built in Quality
- Future State Mapping
- Other tools of Lean
- Improvement Events
- Implementing Lean in your organization
Attendees will receive a PDF copy of the course content upon logging into the live session. After the course, attendees will receive an electronic copy of the book: “Lean for Service Organizations and Offices: A Holistic Approach for Achieving Operational Excellence & Improvements” by Debashis Sarkar.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1269 Member: $1149|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!