Learn the tools to identify and remove waste from a process, sustain gains and improve operation and safety in your organization.
A Lean operation produces just what is needed, when it is needed, with no additional labor, costs, inventory, or time. Learn the tools necessary to identify and remove waste from a process, sustain the gains made, and improve the operation and safety of your department or organization. Begin with an overview of Lean principles for both manufacturing and transactional environments, continue with units on 12 essential Lean tools, A3 Problem Solving and Introduction to the Theory of Constaints. Audience: Anyone who wants to better understand and use Lean in their orgnazation.
- CEU Hours: 1
- Length: 10 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: The Quality Group
- Define Lean and understand its history
- Understand the Importance, benefits, and objectives of Lean deployment
- Review Lean methodologies
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Lean implementation team
- Define and understand Eight Wastes, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Event, 5S, Visual Management, Standard Work, Error Proofing, Changeover Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance, Workplace Design and Layout, Flow and Pull Systems, A3 Problem Solving, and Theory of Constraints.
Who Should Attend:Anyone who wants to better understand and use Lean in their organization.
- Introduction to Lean Principles
- Introduction to Lean Office and Service
- A3 Problem Solving
- Eight Wastes
- Current State Value Stream Mapping
- Future State Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen Event
- Visual Management
- Standard Work
- Error Proofing
- Changeover Reduction
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Workplace Design and Layout
- Flow and Pull Systems
- Introduction to Theory of Constraints
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 365 days to complete the course. Course content is approximately ten hours long and is worth 1.0 CEUs or 1.0 ASQ RUs.
There is a printable PDF Student Guide Summary of each module.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|LCTQG||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $599.00 Member: $499.00|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!