Prepare for the Lean Bronze Certification Bronze-level exam.
The Lean Bronze Certification and Portfolio Review Program is an opportunity to incorporate a solid foundation of training and validation of knowledge and experience for your Lean Journey. Prepare for the Bronze Level exam. Sponsored by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Association for Manufacturing Engineers (AME), The Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence, and ASQ, Lean Certification standardizes practices within organizations, regardless of size or industry.This focused, instructor-led review session, prepares candidates for the Lean Certification Bronze-level exam. A combination of concept presentations, practice exams, worksheets development and discussion, and group question review is highlighted. Topics covered in the exam are reviewed by authorized lean facilitators to help prepare you to take the Bronze-level Lean Certification exam. Targeted at companies on lean journeys, and to lean champions and practitioners charged with facilitating those lean transformations, this event is geared for those who are preparing for Lean Bronze certification.The exam is offered separate from the course. Please contact SME to register.
- CEU Hours: 1.3
- Length: 13 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.3
- Audience: Practitioner; Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the structure and format of the Bronze-level certification exam.
- Conduct a solid review of the Lean Certification body of knowledge.
- Understand the Bronze-level portfolio requirements.
- Complete practice exam questions that help illustrate what to expect on the exam.
- Identify studying and test-taking strategies.
- Review recommended readings and primary references
Prerequisites:Study materials for the review are comprised of four books that are included in the Lean Bronze Certification Package, only available directly at SME's bookstore. Attendees must purchase and read these materials prior to the review. You should have at least foundational lean knowledge and competency. The Bronze-level exam is the starting point for obtaining certification and is a requirement for all levels of Lean Certification. Please bring your materials for use during this review course.
Who Should Attend:Individuals looking to achieve their Lean Certification should attend this training. This course is specific to studying and preparing for the Bronze-level certification exam.
- Lean Certification Overview
- Practice Exam 1 – (Practice Exam and Review)
- Section 1 and 3 – Cultural Enablers (Team Research)
- Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Lecture)
- Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Team Research)
- Section 2 – Continuous Process Improvement (Worksheets and Group Review)
- Additional Check Activity and Handout Review from Section 2
- Section 4.0 – Business Results (Team Research)
- Formula Review (Worksheet and Review Questions)
- Practice Exam 2 (Practice Exam and Review)
- Test–taking Strategies
- Portfolio Development
- Wrap–up and Review
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
The presentation of information to the students is in various formats:
- Lecture: (explaining a topic that is presented on the slide)
- Practice exams: (where the students take the practice exam, then correct answers are given and followed by discussion concerning questions if required)
- Worksheet with questions: to be done individually, reviewed and discussed within the group, then followed with the correct questions and a discussion concerning correct answers if required
- Topic questions review: as a group, they are researching a specific topic, documenting key points, and constructing a potential exam question on that topic.
Study materials for the course consist of the Body of Knowledge listed on the SME website and the recommended reading references (www.sme.org/leancert). The books need to be purchased separately from enrollment in the classroom course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session