Learn the fundamentals of lean and how to implement lean techniques and tools to recognize and cut waste and improve efficiency. Employees at every level of a company can apply these tools and techniques to improve workplace performance.
Learn the basics of lean and how to implement lean techniques and tools to help your organization remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment. Leveraging an instructive and entertaining project simulation, you will be able to immediately apply the lean techniques and tools learned in class.
This course is also available as part of a 5-day Lean Foundations course, which includes Lean 101, Lean Problem-Solving Tools, and Applied Lean. Save when you register for all five days!
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Executive, New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Describe basic lean terms, principles and concepts
- Differentiate between Value Added and Non-Value Added activities
- Recognize the eight sources of waste
- Apply fundamental lean tools and techniques in a simulated factory setting
- Describe relationships between inventory and process lead time
- Describe the difference between "Tactical" and "Strategic" lean
- Identify common obstacles and keys to success
Who Should Attend:Employees at all levels in all departments can apply these methodologies, techniques, and tools to improve workplace performance.
II. Simulation Overview
III. Introduction to Lean
IV. Implementing Lean Techniques and Tools
V. Summary and Conclusion
FormatThis is a one-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!