Learn the fundamentals of lean and how to implement lean techniques and tools to recognize and cut waste and improve efficiency. Employees at every level of a company can apply these tools and techniques to improve workplace performance.
Learn the basics of lean and how to implement lean techniques and tools to help your organization remain competitive, innovative, and profitable in today’s business environment. Leveraging an instructive and entertaining project simulation, you will be able to immediately apply the lean techniques and tools learned in class.
This course is also available as part of a 5-day Lean Foundations course, which includes Lean 101, Lean Problem-Solving Tools, and Applied Lean. Save when you register for all five days!
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Executive, New to Quality, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ
- Describe basic lean terms, principles and concepts
- Differentiate between Value Added and Non-Value Added activities
- Recognize the eight sources of waste
- Apply fundamental lean tools and techniques in a simulated factory setting
- Describe relationships between inventory and process lead time
- Describe the difference between "Tactical" and "Strategic" lean
- Identify common obstacles and keys to success
Who Should Attend:Employees at all levels in all departments can apply these methodologies, techniques, and tools to improve workplace performance.
II. Simulation Overview
III. Introduction to Lean
IV. Implementing Lean Techniques and Tools
V. Summary and Conclusion
FormatThis is a one-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
• Requests for cancellations/transfers/substitutions received at least 30 calendar days before the start of the course can receive a full refund/transfer/substitution.
• There are no refunds within 30 calendar days before the start of the course.
• Requests to transfer or substitute received between 29 and 10 calendar days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no transfers within 9 calendar days before the start of the course. Substitutes may be accepted if content has not been accessed by original registrant. Substitutions will incur a $150 processing fee.
• There are no refunds or substitutes if the content has been accessed.
• Enrolled students who fail to attend their registered course without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee. Substitutes will not be accepted after the course has begun.
• You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ASQCONNEX™ CORPORATE TRAINING
For organizations seeking to develop and measure success in areas such as sustainability, change management, and operational process excellence. ASQConnEx is your source for finding authorized quality experts to train your employees.
Advance Your Journey to Excellence:
- DISCOVER ASQ-authorized experts
- CREATE a shortlist of right-fit trusted partners
- COMPLETE your search in one place
- DEFINE measurable learning plans
- ACCELERATE your journey to excellence