This course narrows the focus of ISO/IEC 17020 to specific criteria for forensic police agencies. This includes crime scene investigations, friction ridge examinations, firearms, handwriting analysis, anthropology, and digital computer analysis.
Attend this two-day introductory workshop to aid in the general preparation for ISO/IEC 17020 as it pertains to forensic police agencies. Learn about the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), ISO standards, the hierarchy in the world of ISO accreditation, and the hierarchy in standards. Get a detailed look at ISO/IEC 17020, narrowing the ISO/IEC 17020 focus: field specific criteria or guidelines for forensic police units (crime scene investigations, friction ridge examinations, firearms, handwriting analysis, anthropology, and digital computer analysis), corrective actions, principles of auditing and the internal audit, and the accreditation process. This training course includes group exercises.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the ISO/IEC 17020 requirements as they relate to forensic agencies.
- Review important concepts such as internal auditing, traceability, and method validation.
- Examine the origin of the standard, the benefits of accreditation, and the role of an accreditation body.
- Benefit from hands on exercises and group discussions.
Who Should Attend:Forensic lab professionals who deal with the ISO 17020 standard
- Day one
- Overview of ISO
- Overview of ILAC and Regional Cooperatives
- Requirements of ISO/IEC 17020
- Supplemental Forensic Requirements
- Day two
- Method Validation
- Uncertainty of Measurements
- Internal Audits
- Principles of Auditing
- Discussion of the Quality Manual and the Quality Manager
- Laboratory Preparation and the Accreditation Process
Two-day course that contains lectures and group exercises
Slide materials will be provided with a thumb drive. Print-out of course material is available for $100.
This course can be delivered face-to-face
Requests for course cancellations or transfers received less than 30 calendar days prior to course start date can transfer fees paid to another course offering or transfer the registration to another attendee.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please call Caroline Trenner at 414-501-5466 or email@example.com.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session