Understand the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 so you can conduct a successful audit. ASQ provides hands-on learning experience to prepare you for real life auditing situations.
This Exemplar Global-certified course meets the training requirements for Exemplar Global Quality Management Systems Lead Auditors, Auditors, and Provisional Auditors. Lecture time is held to a minimum, providing you time to learn and then practice newly acquired skills in real-life audit situations that assure that you are prepared to conduct effective audits. If you satisfactorily achieve the required pass points for the written exam and the required minimum grading for the continuous assessment, you will receive a Successful Completion certificate to demonstrate that you have met the training requirement for individual QMS auditor certification by Exemplar Global.
As an added bonus, you’re welcome to stay after the course for a complimentary hour-long sneak peek into relevant ISO 9001:2015 revision updates and topics!
This course is offered in cooperation with AQS Management Systems, an Exemplar Global Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
- CEU Hours: 4.4
- Length: 36 Hours
- ASQ RU: 4.4
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
- Apply the proper interpretation of the standard in actual audit situations.
- Tailor an audit interview based on the requirements of the standard and obtain audit evidence from this interview.
- Plan and conduct effective audits.
- Manage the audit process, including opening meetings, auditing, closing meetings, and reporting.
Prerequisites:Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 9001:2008 standard to this training course; copies will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item T860).
Who Should Attend:Individuals who want to become Exemplar Global-certified auditors, those assisting their organizations toward ISO 9000 registration, and anyone responsible for leading an audit.
- Unit 1
- Terminology and definitions
- Background, history, and rationale for quality assurance
- Intro to the ISO family of documents
- Analysis of the contents of ISO 9001:2008
- Audit of the Active Manufacturing (Audit #1)
- Unit 2
- Quality System Requirements
- Analyzing findings
- Audit of Active Manufacturing to ISO 9001:2008 and Manual (Audit #2)
- RABQSA and U.S. Certification System
- Auditor qualifications
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors
- Creation of effective audit checklists
- Unit 3
- Audit of Active Manufacturing Document Audits (Audit #3)
- Auditing Tips for the Professional Auditor
- Audit of Active Manufacturing – Department Audit (Audit #4)
- Compiling audit findings
- Documentation in the quality system
- Planning and conducting effective audits
- Refining Interview and note-taking skills
- Applicability of the elements to Company situations
- Prevention vs. Detection
- Unit 4
- Audit of Active Manufacturing Department and System Auditing (Audit #5)
- Corrective Action Initiation and Closure
- Refining Audit Interview and note-taking skills
- Creation of an audit report
- Conducting the audit
- Preparation and Presentation of a closing meeting
- Unit 5
- Review and exam
This course makes extensive use of student activities and case studies to help students fully understand the requirements of auditing to the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 9001:2008 standard to this training course; copies will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ.
In addition, all students will receive a course textbook, student practice exam, and student activities booklet on-site.
Note: Due to stringent international standards guidelines, a maximum course enrollment is strictly enforced. If you are told you are on a waiting list or have registered and not received a confirmation letter prior to the course, contact ASQ immediately to verify your status before you make travel arrangements.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1899 Member: $1699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session