Understand the requirements of ISO/TS 16949:2009 so you can conduct a successful audit. ASQ provides hands-on learning experience to prepare you for real-life auditing situations.
This Exemplar Global-certified course meets the training requirements for Exemplar Global Quality Management Systems Lead Auditors, Auditors, and Provisional Auditors. Lecture time is held to a minimum, providing you time to learn and then practice newly acquired skills in real-life audit situations that ensure you are prepared to conduct effective audits. If you satisfactorily achieve the required pass points for the written exam and the required minimum grading for the continuous assessment, you will receive a 'Successful Completion' certificate to demonstrate that you have met the training requirement for individual QMS auditor certification by Exemplar
As an added bonus, you’re welcome to stay after the course for a complimentary hour-long sneak peek into relevant ISO 9001:2015 revision updates and topics!
This course is offered in cooperation with AQS Management Systems, an Exemplar Global Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
- CEU Hours: 3.6
- Length: 36 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.6
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Audit to the TS 16949:2009 Quality Management Systems
- Interpret the requirements and terminology of the TS 16949:2009 series in an auto industry setting
- Develop a TS 16949:2009 auditing system based on the ISO 19011 auditing guidelines
- Ask the right audit questions
- Conduct opening and closing meetings that have impact
- Construct effective audit checklists—what to look for in procedures
- Generate effective corrective action
- -Plan successful audits
- Select an audit team
- Understand the U.S. and international certification process
- -Understand Certified Lead Auditor requirements and responsibilities
- Audit using the process approach
- Review documents in light of the decreased emphasis on documentation
- Ask questions that get results
- -Identify and document nonconformities
Prerequisites:All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO/TS 16949:2009: Quality Systems - Automotive Suppliers standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item #T863).
Who Should Attend:Those responsible for planning and scheduling an audit program for TS 16949:2009 and those who must perform audits to TS 16949:2009, Quality Assurance Managers, Quality Assurance professionals, ISO Project Managers, ISO Project Team members or anyone desiring an in-depth understanding of the TS 16949:2009 audit process. This course has been specifically designed to meet the needs of the auto industry.
- Terminology and Definitions
- Background, History, and Rationale for Quality Assurance
- Introduction to the ISO Family of Documents
- Analysis of the Contents of TS 16949:2009, plus
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Control Plan
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Potential Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)
- IATF Guidance to TS 16949
- Quality System Assessment Checklist
- Automotive Certification Scheme for TS 16949
- Audit of Active Manufacturing (Audit #1)
- Quality System Requirements
- Analyzing Findings
- Audit of Active Manufacturing to TS 16949:2009 and Manual (Audit #2)
- RABQSA and U.S. Certification System
- Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibility of Auditors
- Creation of Effective Audit Checklists
- Audit of Company Documents (Audit #3)
- Tips for the Professional Auditor
- Audit of Active Manufacturing – Department Audit (Audit #4)
- Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Quality System
- Planning and Conducting Effective Audits
- Refining Interview and Note-Taking Skills
- Applicability of the Elements to Company Situations
- Prevention vs. Detection
- Audit of Active Manufacturing – Department and System Auditing (#5)
- Corrective Action Initiation and Closure
- Refining Audit Interview and Note-Taking Skills
- Creation of an Audit Report
- Conducting the Audit
- Preparation and Presentation of a Closing Meeting
- Review and Exam
This course makes extensive use of student activities and case studies to help students fully understand the requirements of auditing to the ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard.
Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard to this training course; copies will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ.
In addition, all students will receive a course textbook, student practice exam, and student activities booklet on-site.
Note: Due to stringent international standards guidelines, a maximum course enrollment is strictly enforced. If you are told you are on a waiting list or have registered and not received a confirmation letter prior to the course, contact ASQ immediately to verify your status before you make travel arrangements.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1899 Member: $1699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session