This course is intended to qualify ISO 50001 auditors to conduct effective audits of Energy Management Systems.
Understand the requirements of ISO 50001 to be able to conduct a successful audit of an Energy Management System. This course includes hands-on workshops to prepare you for real-life auditing situations. You’ll learn to manage the audit process and complete reporting.
- CEU Hours: 3.6
- Length: 36 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.6
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Evaluate and assess the conformance of the energy management system to ISO 50001, which includes energy performance;
- Plan and conduct ISO 50001 based Management System audits;
- Examine energy system documents and records
- Identify and record nonconforming discrepant findings
- Identify positive findings and opportunities to enhance energy performance;
- Record and report audit results
- Communicate and act on behalf of the audit team to the client and justify audit results both verbally and in a written report to the client; and
- Be responsible for the conduct and management of the audit and the audit team.
Prerequisites:The ISO 50001:2018: Energy Management Systems — Requirements is a pre-requisite. Customer must purchase on their own.
Who Should Attend:Those interested in learning more about ISO 50001. ISO 50001 Internal First Party Auditors. ISO 50001 External Second and Third Party Auditors. Organizations undergoing a third-party audit to ISO 50001. Individuals pursuing auditor certification in ISO 50001. Energy Management System Management Reps Energy Management System Audit Program Managers. Energy Management System Program Managers.
- ISO and Energy Terminology and Definitions
- Background and Rationale for Energy Management
- Energy sources, uses and reductions
- Introduction to the ISO 50001 family of documents and related programs
- Analysis of the Contents of ISO 50001
- Audit of Crystal Clear Float Glass
- Energy Fundamentals
- Energy Measurement and Sources
- Reading Energy Bills
- Impact of Variables
- Energy System Optimization
- Data Collection and Use
- Energy Auditor Qualifications
- Roles and Responsibility of Energy Auditor
- Creation of Effective Energy Audit Checklists
- Audit of Crystal Clear. - Department Energy Audit
- Compiling Audit Findings
- Documentation in the Energy Management System
- Planning and Conducting Effective Energy Audits
- Audit of Crystal Clear Dept. and System Auditing
- Corrective Action Initiation and Closure
- Refining Audit Interview and Note-Taking Skills
- Creation of an Audit Report
- Conducting the Audit
- Preparation and Presentation of a Closing Meeting
- Final Exam
FormatThis is a four-day, instructor-led, classroom course.
ImportantAll attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 50001:2018: Energy Management Systems — Requirements to this training. Copies will not be provided for you.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1799 Member: $1599|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session