This course is intended to provide value to those who will be participating in decisions related to the new requirements contained in ISO 45001:2015 and effective options for fulfilling those requirements.
Understand the key differences as well as the specific new requirements that need to be met in transitioning your organizations existing OHSAS 18001 management system into a successful ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System. Practical exercises are included to embed the learning for those in attendance.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the specific differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- Understand the alignment requirements between the Health and Safety Management System and the business objectives of the organization
- Understand specific requirements for documented information and how to resolve the differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 and the risks associated with the reduced emphasis on documentation
- Learn how to define the Context of your organization to meet this new stated requirement and the significance of Context to the organizations Risks and Opportunities and how this relates to the organizations OHSMS Processes
- Understand specific methodologies for the identification of the needs and expectations of Interested Parties
- Understand the steps an organization must take to update their current OHSMS to meet the requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
- Understand the steps needed to implement risk management, a requirement of ISO 45001:2018
- Understand the specific approaches that would allow an organization to resolve the differences between OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001 as this relates to procedures and records.
- Learn how to identify opportunities and achieve value for your organization while implementing ISO 45001:2018 and decreasing the emphasis on documentation
- Understand the role of Top Management and the requirements for reporting Risks and Opportunities as part of the Management Review Process
Prerequisites:All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 45001:2018: Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements to this training. Copies will not be provided for you.
Who Should Attend:This course is intended for those who are using OHSAS 18001 and will be adopting ISO 45001. Those who will receive value from this course include:
- Personnel that need to develop a specific list of steps their organization will need to take to comply with the new requirements
- Personnel that need to understand the changes
- Personnel that need to understand the broad implications for the organization associated with the changes
Recommended attendees include:
- Health & Safety Personnel
- Top Management
- Management Representatives
- Document Control Personnel
FormatThis is a two-day, instructor-led, classroom course.
ImportantAll attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO 45001:2018: Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements to this training. Copies will not be provided for you.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $999 Member: $899|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session