Anyone involved in supporting, managing, and improving a food safety management system.
Consumers expect that all food products will be safe for consumption. With more than 1 billion meals consumed daily in the United States alone, food safety hazards can occur at any stage in the food chain. Every meal contains multiple opportunities to consume food safety hazards, which necessitate development of strict quality and safety controls in all companies that participate in the food chain.ISO 22000:2005 is an internationally accepted approach to manage food safety that describes the requirements of a food safety management system. Food businesses that seek to demonstrate their ability to control food safety hazards are expected to meet specific requirements. This virtual course introduces the value of developing a system to effectively manage food safety from “farm to table” by establishing the importance of implementing an ISO 22000 food safety management system. Beneficial information about ISO 22000:2005--and how ISO 22000 significantly impacts the development and improvement of a food safety management system that goes far beyond meeting regulatory compliance is shared. ISO 22000:2005 incorporates and strengthens the hazard analysis and critical control point system to create an effective food safety management system and defines a state-of-the-art food safety management system that can be used by all organizations in the food chain. Ensuring food safety is a responsibility of everyone in the food chain. Any staff member involved in supporting, managing, and improving their organization’s food safety management system--managers planning the implementation of ISO 22000, quality assurance managers, internal auditors—will find this an extremely beneficial course to enroll in.
- CEU Hours: 0.6
- Length: 6 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.6
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Learn about the benefits of food safety standards
- Gain a clear understanding of how ISO 22000:2005 is a natural evolution of the HACCP process and how the standard strengthens the HACCP system
- Recognize the three pillars of ISO 22000 and their requirements for a food safety management system.
- Learn how ISO 22000 utilizes both a systems and process approach with systems audits
- Acquire an introduction to the elements and benefits of ISO 22000:2005
Who Should Attend:This course is designed for anyone involved in supporting, managing, and improving a food safety management system—within any company involved in any stage of food preparation, storage, and handling supply chain. This includes input suppliers, primary producers (farmers, fishers, harvesters) processors, distributors, transporters and food service outlets.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $699 Member: $599|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session