Learn how to effectively select suppliers for maximum organizational benefit.
This curriculum is designed for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
The course introduces you to foundational supplier management concepts and principles and teaches you how to design and implement a supplier management program.
To ensure a robust, engaging learning experience, this course leverage case studies, individual and group activities, hands-on exercises, and knowledge checks to help you transform the conceptual into the practical.
This course is also available as part of a 5-day Supplier Quality Professional: An Introduction course (including Introduction to Supplier Management, Auditing for Improved Supplier Performance, and Quality/Engineering Tools for Supplier Management). Save when you register for all five days!
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 18 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Academic, Executive, Practitioner, Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Define a supplier management program and why it is important
- Assess the status of your organization’s existing supplier management program
- Build a supplier management toolkit including a supplier rating system, supplier surveys and audits, supplier process evaluation, supplier certification, ship-to-stock programs
- Assess and evaluate your current supply base to determine suitability to your organization’s needs
- Improve your existing supplier base using effective communication strategies and the proper corrective actions
- Assess and select new suppliers and properly onboard them leveraging agreements, contracts, and purchase orders
- Certify a supplier
Who Should Attend:The ISQP curriculum is an excellent tool for experienced quality professionals that are new or relatively new to supplier quality and supplier management.
- Supplier Management Programs—An Overview
- Assessing the Status of Your Organization’s Existing Supplier Management Program
- Building a Supplier Management Toolkit
- Taking Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Base
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Base
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Certifying a Supplier
FormatThis is an instructor-led, 2-day course that is 18 hours long in total. The course starts at 8:00 am and finishes at 5:00 pm each day with one half-hour break for lunch and short breaks in morning and afternoon.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session