This course outlines the basic concepts of supplier management. You’ll be equipped with tools to help you implement an effective supplier management program with no previous experience required.
Learn or refresh your knowledge of the elements of an effective supplier management program in this basic course. No previous knowledge of supplier management is required.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the basics of effective supplier management
- Be equipped with knowledge of the functional roles in supplier management
- Learn tools of a complete supplier management program
Who Should Attend:Buyers, planners, engineers and quality engineers, as well as managers and leaders of the quality, procurement, engineering, or operations functions will find the information quite beneficial.
- Why is a Supplier Management Program necessary?
- Where do we start?
- Self–Assessment – assess YOUR readiness for Supplier Management
- Building your Supplier Management Tool Kit
- Supplier Rating System
- Supplier Surveys and Audits
- Supplier Process Evaluation
- Supplier Certification
- Ship-to-Stock Programs
- Basic Inventory of Your Existing Supplier Management Base
- What are the Key Components for Your Products?
- Where are most of the problems occurring?
- What is the Quality History and Relationships with the Suppliers of these Products?
- Improve or Replace?
- Improving Your Existing Supplier Base
- Supplier Communication and Corrective Action
- Supplier Improvement Options
- Selecting New Suppliers
- Technical Assessment Process for New Supplier Selection
- Risk Mitigation
- Starting Up New Suppliers Right
- Placing New Parts at Existing Suppliers
- Supplier Certification and Ship-to Stock
- Overview of the Certification Process
- Overview of the Supplier Management Program
- Continuous Improvement
- What have we learned? What will we take back?
This is an instructor-led 1-day course that is 8 hours long in total. Course starts at 8:30 am and finishes at 5:00 pm. One-half hour break for lunch and short breaks in morning and afternoon.
Participants will receive course workbook and a copy of the ASQ Quality Press book, Supplier Management Handbook by James L. Bossert, Editor. A light lunch is provided and participants will receive a certificate for 0.8 ASQ Recertification Units on completion.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $559 Member: $479|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session